The Student Room Group

AS Biology Resit Unit 1 AQA MAY 14th 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by biology.psychology
I think i divided 30 by six to give 5 rather than vice versa, oops.

Phew thankfully we answered similarly on the explaining one. :smile:

There a appears to be an unofficaly mark scheme on here so i dont feel too bad about my performance now!!lol

oooh where is the unofficial mark scheme? could you link me upp please x
Reply 41
I think i divided 30 by six to give 5 rather than vice versa, oops.

Phew thankfully we answered similarly on the explaining one. :smile:

There a appears to be an unofficaly mark scheme on here so i dont feel too bad about my performance now!!lol

could you send me a link to the unofficial mark scheme please? thanks :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by nk93x
oooh where is the unofficial mark scheme? could you link me upp please x

found it :P

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1999945
Reply 43

New to TSR, so you beat me to it! :P
Reply 45
Original post by nk93x
what did you guys write about why the concentration in tube B was higher with ph8? also was the calculation question just 30/4?

I wrote about osmosis moving in to the tube by osmosis an how in the other tube it was ph2 so amylase would've been digested in the acid, what about you?
Reply 46
New to TSR, so you beat me to it! :P

haha, im annoyed about the first question!! i crossed out golgi apparatus and put endoplasmic reticulum :frown:
Original post by bobmill
haha, im annoyed about the first question!! i crossed out golgi apparatus and put endoplasmic reticulum :frown:

I almost wrote that too, the vesicles were very small so it was hard to tell.

The question about the starch/amylase solutions in the partially permeable tubes with the two different pH's really confused me too... much like the rest of the paper actually lol
how are you guys gonna revise for the unit 2 test next monday anyone have any tips
Original post by lmacknold20
how are you guys gonna revise for the unit 2 test next monday anyone have any tips

just checked mark scheme and its worth almost 50% AS grade. oh, no.

probably just not sleep :wink:
i just wanted to check but the unofficial mark scheme says that peptides are made from hydrolosis, isnt it condensation
Reply 51
Yeah there's one or two things on the unofficial markscheme that are actually wrong. Since peptide bonds are made by condensation reaction where H2O is removed, one hydrogen from Amino group of one amino acid and an O-H bond from the carboxylic group of another to form the peptide bond: Not hydrolysis.

Well, this is assuming the question was how are peptide bonds formed, not broken. And I'm fairly certain it said formed.
Reply 52
Original post by erniiee
Was this easier than the Jan paper?

this one was much easier than the jan paper! I reckon the grade boundaries are going to be quite high as a lot of people found this paper easy. how did you find it?
Original post by bobmill
haha, for that one i put the amalase (enzyme) is not denatured unlike ph2, it hydrolises down the starch into maltose, this lowers the water potential of the water in the tube causing water to move in from outside the tube into the bag through osmosis to even out the water potentials.

This would get you full marks.

I would only get one of the three and I am so f***** gutted since I was thinking this in the exam, but I didn't put it down. Ahhhhh.

Oh well I hope this doesn't cost me the A.
Reply 54
Original post by biofreak
this one was much easier than the jan paper! I reckon the grade boundaries are going to be quite high as a lot of people found this paper easy. how did you find it?

I didn't resit it as I got what I wanted in January, but a few of my friends were resitting so was worried for them. Nice to hear it was easier!
Reply 55
Hey thanks all for the help before the exam and all the chatter after wards.
sorry I have inputted but I have been busy revising on the 13th 14th 15th and today (the 16). I had exams on monday tuesday AND wednasday so have been kept busy
Reply 56
I first wrote for the visking tube question that Amylase converts starch to maltose, and then changed it to glucose for some stupid reason! Do you think I'd still get the mark, since the only difference between the two is that maltose is a disaccharide?
Ive seen people say on here that cyanide is definitely not an inhibitor. I wrote that cyanide inhibits the production of ATP for active transport. Will I still get marks? As in the text book chapter 13 topic 7 page 192 it reads "metabolic inhibitors such as cyanide prevent most energy release by respiration"

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending