The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SubAtomic
Damn, you put in some hard time there Angel:eek: 15 hours per day sometimes? Did you use paracetamol lol? You should have commented in that what looked like a troll thread where the guy suggests he revises 16 hours per day.

I meant 3-4 usually but 6 hours near exams- not six extra hours! So 11 at the most during the day. I know people who worked a lot more!
Original post by Inkerman
I'm really shocked at people saying they have 8-12 hours of contact time/week.

I had a minimum of 28 hours/week as an engineer.

You guys are not getting value for money.

wow my uni gives like 16 hours a week as an engineer
Reply 62
None :tongue:

Then again, I am doing an MPhil...
Reply 63
studying medicine at st andrews - we have about 10 hours of lectures, 2 hours of histology, 1 hour of clinical skills, 1 hour (sometimes 2) of dissection, and 6 hours of guided study a week, and we're expected to do 20-25 hours of independent study on top :smile:
I'm 9 - 5 Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri... and a half day on a Wednesday

VetMed if you're interested :biggrin:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I meant 3-4 usually but 6 hours near exams- not six extra hours! So 11 at the most during the day. I know people who worked a lot more!

Ahh that sounds more manageable, still quite heavy though:cool:
19-20 hours a week (including lectures, tutorials and labs) - 1st year Chemistry
i have a 9 - 5 course every day of the week pretty much.. varies a lot depending on my workshop rota
First year pharmacy, hello 21 hours in the first week after freshers. Ooooh yay! Not sure how much we're expected to do outside of labs and lectures and things though. Probably wouldn't notice really if I wasn't in a flat with a couple of history students. Don't envy the amount of reading they have. I think I'd rather have lots of contact hours tbh.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I said in my opinion it was easier, because I work much better being able to go at my own pace rather than having homework set for me :smile: But everyone is different. Somebody might thrive under the A Level system and fail degree level work altogether!

OK
Hey do you know the benefits of getting positive reputation. I mean I have recently learned what negative reputation and positive reputation are and how to give those things to others and how to check if I am positive or negative reputed and I have learned I have lots of negative reputation. What difference will be if I am positive reputed and how can I get positive reputation.
And what is the meaning of troll?
Reply 70
First year art at ECA so...

50 minute lecture & 50 minute seminar per week, plus I need to be in studios Tuesday-Friday from 9:30 (I tend to stay until 3/4ish). As for contact time, studio days there's probably two or three hours when tutors are about :tongue:
1st Year Theoretical Physics. I have roughly 20 hours a week contact time but it varies slightly depending on the week. I have 2 hours computing, 2 hours workshop, 1 hour tutorial and the rest lectures. (Although lectures aren't supposed to last the full hour, only 50 mins).
2nd Year History at University of Nottingham:

Four hours of lectures every week but most of my seminars are 2 hours fortnightly so I have 5 hours one week and only one the next. So in total my contact time will be 5 hours one week, but 9 the next. I spend more time reading for seminars/essays in the Library or at home than in Uni 'proper'.

I'm quite shocked at how many hours other Arts students get elsewhere...
Reply 73
4th year Primary teaching; 2-6 hours a week but meant to being doing classroom research as well.
Reply 74
I'm a first year student in graphic design doing 24 hours a week.
(3 days)
1st year Biology at Sussex, it changes a bit each week so between 11 and 17 hours a week. 7 or 8 of those are lectures, then theres seminars, tutorials, pre-labs& labs.
Reply 76
I think about 21 hours a week including labs :frown:
Average of 22 hours per week this term. I'm an engineering first year at Warwick. They don't set many assignments though, just a few large coursework style ones per term, which can mean you're very busy for about two weeks trying to get stuff done. 6+ hours of labs (experiments/practicals) per week his term.

Latest

Trending

Trending