The Student Room Group

King's College London or Durham University for MSC in Advanced Software Engineering?

Hello,

I need to make a choice between Durham and King's for an Advanced Software Engg. (MSC) course and I need to make that choice very soon.

The fees difference between the two is huge as the tuition + accommodation fees for King's is almost double that of Durham, and living costs in London are massive compared to that of Durham.

Durham is consistently ranked among the top 5 Universities in UK while ranked about 90 in the world.. On the other hand King's is placed outside the top 15 in the UK while in the top 30 in the world..

So which University should I choose? I know that both of them are exceptionally good and this is a very hard choice to make. But if Durham delivers the same quality of education in Software Engg. as King's does, then I'd like to choose Durham due to its fees.

So which is better?
Reply 1
I am also deciding between Durham and Manchester. My program is also software engineering like yours. Please do let me know what you had decided. This would help me as well.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest