The Student Room Group

F292 Practice Papers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Can somebody help me ..

What do i talk about when it refers to Market segment e.g.

Evaluate the importance of market segmentation to TSL in formulating a marketing plan to attract
a younger market / Discuss how knowledge of market segmentation may assist TSL in developing
its future marketing strategy.

Thanks
Reply 81
Original post by Bethan1
ahh thank you so much hahaha :biggrin: yeah its the most up to date information that we have on TSL and their money x

so wait... 2011 is the current figures and not the figures of when its the new production line? Sorry for asking im just getting confused.. night before the exam and im stressing (got 2 exams tomorrow)
Original post by has87
yeahh it is... I didn't mention all of it but yeah:smile:

Yeah and that steps to ensure quality are taken at every stage in production. The casestudy showed that TSL use 'batch production' making TQM easier
Reply 83
can anyone give me some bullet points on whats bad about
a) absenteesim rates increasing
b) labour turbover
THANK YOU X
Reply 84
Original post by Bethan1
b) labour turbover
THANK YOU X

Absenteeism rate increases due to employees being less motivated by work or they don't enjoy it. This could be due to things such as 'boring tasks' mentioned in the case or stuff like that. Labour turn over is due to either factors the tipton cannot control like better job opportunities so employees leave or they employees don't like work because of issuer mentioned before, boring jobs, too much work and stress or inadequate management
Original post by Bethan1
b) labour turbover
THANK YOU X

Don't need to discuss absenteesim at all because it is not mention in the F292 syllabus.

For high labour turnover

- recruitment costs increase leading to overall increase in costs
- Staff would be diverted from productive tasks within the business and instead have to spend time selecting more employees.
- New staff need training- more costs
- Existing staff could let the quality of the produce fall whilst attempting to look after new employees.
- If experience staff leave, they can be hard to replace.

With all cost related disadvantages link to wider issues such as the possible inability to fund the new production line as mentioned in the case study affecting TSl's long term goals. Also argue that giving existing workers more responsibility could increase motivation according to Herzberg two factor theory which argues job enlargement increases motivation.

These kind of remarks will let you hit level 3/4
(edited 11 years ago)
If we had to write about economies of scale in a question what sort of stuff would people write?

I'm really unsure what to put and the level of detail to go into when writing about them if they did come up!

Can anyone help me? :smile: Thankyou :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Jon*ng*
Absenteeism rate increases due to employees being less motivated by work or they don't enjoy it. This could be due to things such as 'boring tasks' mentioned in the case or stuff like that. Labour turn over is due to either factors the tipton cannot control like better job opportunities so employees leave or they employees don't like work because of issuer mentioned before, boring jobs, too much work and stress or inadequate management

THANK YOU :smile: btw what implications would these have x
Original post by frannnn_x
If we had to write about economies of scale in a question what sort of stuff would people write?

I'm really unsure what to put and the level of detail to go into when writing about them if they did come up!

Can anyone help me? :smile: Thankyou :smile:

Not in the syllabus. If you were to bring it up, very little detail as you are looking at possibly no marks
Original post by youngkhalifia
Not in the syllabus. If you were to bring it up, very little detail as you are looking at possibly no marks

Really?!

Just I have the tutor2u analysis and under operational efficiency and capital utilisation it says to look at economies of scale too because its known to crop up apparently!
Reply 90
Don't need to discuss absenteesim at all because it is not mention in the F292 syllabus.

For high labour turnover

- recruitment costs increase leading to overall increase in costs
- Staff would be diverted from productive tasks within the business and instead have to spend time selecting more employees.
- New staff need training- more costs
- Existing staff could let the quality of the produce fall whilst attempting to look after new employees.
- If experience staff leave, they can be hard to replace.

With all cost related disadvantages link to wider issues such as the possible inability to fund the new production line as mentioned in the case study affecting TSl's long term goals. Also argue that giving existing workers more responsibility could increase motivation according to Herzberg two factor theory which argues job enlargement increases motivation.

These kind of remarks will let you hit level 3/4

Comes up in the case study
It could be used as point when discussing batch production because the bigger the batch, the cheaper is costs to make the batch per unit, however there are much better points to use and I wouldn't lose sleep over not knowing EOS in detail. I just don't want to worry you is all
Comes up in the case study

Yes, it does come up in the case study however that is only to compliment the Labour Turnover. If it is not in the syllabus, not mentioning would not make you lose marks. If you waste time analysing absenteensim, you won't have enough time to really get into labour turnover which is where the marks are. Look for yourself: http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/kd/ocr_9602_kd_gce_spec.pdf

Page 14: people and organisation
Reply 93
Yes, it does come up in the case study however that is only to compliment the Labour Turnover. If it is not in the syllabus, not mentioning would not make you lose marks. If you waste time analysing absenteensim, you won't have enough time to really get into labour turnover which is where the marks are. Look for yourself: http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/kd/ocr_9602_kd_gce_spec.pdf

Page 14: people and organisation

It's a fundamental part of business... it's in my OCR text book therefore I think people should at least know it: Economies of Scale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZshS761WsE

As to whoever asked what the ARR % should be before TSL go through with the investment, it's in the case study! :smile: At least 12% ARR.
Reply 94
Original post by Bethan1
THANK YOU :smile: btw what implications would these have x

Urm reduce increased cost because they have to employee new staff or they have to pay staff overtime to cover shifts or Recruitment and training cost of new employees something along those lines haha
Original post by ATCAdam
It's a fundamental part of business... it's in my OCR text book therefore I think people should at least know it: Economies of Scale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZshS761WsE

As to whoever asked what the ARR % should be before TSL go through with the investment, it's in the case study! :smile: At least 12% ARR.

I was talking about Absenteeism there, and I agree people should definitely know it, but if you don't theirs not much point worrying about.
Reply 96
Good luck with the exam everyone! :biggrin:
Reply 97
Original post by ATCAdam
Good luck with the exam everyone! :biggrin:

You too, although I'm feeling highly pessimistic about this exam... :frown:
Reply 98
Good luck all, I'm certainly looking pretty negatively...
anyone else cramming this atm? I had exams monday, tues and Friday last week so literally only had this weekend to study...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest