The Student Room Group

F292 Practice Papers

Scroll to see replies

HAHA YES!!! Every question I revised and made model answers of came up today :biggrin:
Simply the matter of remembering what i wrote.

Payback was definitley 3 years and 6 months

ARR was 10%

:smile:
Reply 121
Original post by SkrillaGB
Break-even was the number of T-Shirts that the business had to sell in order to make up for fixed costs. In this case, they needed to sell 200 in order to gain £1000 which is the break-even point. Margin of safety is basically the surplus of this number in which becomes profit, so it was 15 T-shirts or £75.

Ohhh I get it! yay I got the margin of safety question right then :smile: Thanks. Also it doesn't matter if I wrote 3 1/2 years for ppb instead of 3 years 6 months right?
Reply 122
Original post by OVO
Ohhh I get it! yay I got the margin of safety question right then :smile: Thanks. Also it doesn't matter if I wrote 3 1/2 years for ppb instead of 3 years 6 months right?

I doubt the examiners are that harsh! I hope not anyway haha.
Reply 123
Original post by seanaffleck
HAHA YES!!! Every question I revised and made model answers of came up today :biggrin:
Simply the matter of remembering what i wrote.

Payback was definitley 3 years and 6 months

ARR was 10%

:smile:

Glad to hear for you bud, hope you didn't get a U again! I reckon I might of just done enough for an A providing that the raw mark is approximately 55/90 for an A, I probably got like 45 odd marks from the longer questions and 20 from the Section A and calculations.
Glad to hear for you bud, hope you didn't get a U again! I reckon I might of just done enough for an A providing that the raw mark is approximately 55/90 for an A, I probably got like 45 odd marks from the longer questions and 20 from the Section A and calculations.

As soon as she said we could turn over our papers i instantly looked at the essay questions and once i seen them all i started laughing, then 2 and a half hours of straight writing and my handwriting was terrible :redface: , managed to fill every essay to the end so no blank pages.
Actually the 20 marker i left one page out due to time contraint but still finished it as in getting a good conclusion in.

think the only place i slipped up in was 2 examples of below the line promotion i was like what the hell is this!!

managed to get the margin of safety and found the payback and ARR so easy. That's why i hope it will get me into Newcastle Uni for Accounting in September fingers crossed :biggrin:

Also where do you get the 55/90 for an A from?
I thought it was 80% of the exam for an A which in this case would be 72 marks?
Or 70% for a B, 63 marks
(edited 11 years ago)
For the ARR and Payback question were you allowed to include other information as well? As i included about increased number of staff, new product range etc and im worried your not supposed to include that now :s-smilie:?
Reply 126
Original post by seanaffleck
As soon as she said we could turn over our papers i instantly looked at the essay questions and once i seen them all i started laughing, then 2 and a half hours of straight writing and my handwriting was terrible :redface: , managed to fill every essay to the end so no blank pages.
Actually the 20 marker i left one page out due to time contraint but still finished it as in getting a good conclusion in.

think the only place i slipped up in was 2 examples of below the line promotion i was like what the hell is this!!

managed to get the margin of safety and found the payback and ARR so easy. That's why i hope it will get me into Newcastle Uni for Accounting in September fingers crossed :biggrin:

Also where do you get the 55/90 for an A from?
I thought it was 80% of the exam for an A which in this case would be 72 marks?
Or 70% for a B, 63 marks

Good luck! And I'm not sure really haha, reckon I got a B then based on that!
Reply 127
Original post by emerlee123
For the ARR and Payback question were you allowed to include other information as well? As i included about increased number of staff, new product range etc and im worried your not supposed to include that now :s-smilie:?

I wouldn't worry my friend. The question CLEARLY states that we were to use ARR and Payback as well as any other relevant information

As long as you mentioned something about the investment appraisal schemes you should be OK.
Reply 128
Good luck! And I'm not sure really haha, reckon I got a B then based on that!

the grade boundaries for this exam have always been low. The highest it has ever been for an A I think was 58
Reply 129
Original post by Message
the grade boundaries for this exam have always been low. The highest it has ever been for an A I think was 58

Then I should have an A then? Haha, we'll see anyway.
Reply 130
Then I should have an A then? Haha, we'll see anyway.

I hope so too! I made some seriously silly errors in that paper - lost about 3 marks on the payback question (put 4 years 6 months instead of 3!), put staff wages as overheads and indsutry magazines for below the line promotion. Sigh, my mind goes blank at these points. Hopefully made up for it on the longer questions.
Reply 131
Do you think I will lose marks for putting 3.5 years instead of 3 years 6 months?

Also what did everyone put for section A answers?
Reply 132
Completely blanked out and forgot most stuff, ohh well !
Reply 133
Original post by Joey952
Completely blanked out and forgot most stuff, ohh well !

Don't worry mate! The grade boundaries are usually quite low!
Reply 134
I said sales promotions such as BOGOF, and I also stupidly said industry magazines. The second one is wrong apparantly.

Your answer would come under sales promotions I think
Reply 135
This is what I got.

AAR: 10%
Payback: 3 years 6 months

B/E output: 200
Margin of safety: 15

Below the line advertising I said Sponsorship and a trade fair.

Sounds in line with what most people got! :smile: Hope the past papers helped people, considering some similar questions came up in the actual exam! :biggrin:
Reply 136
I think I only got 8 marks on section A, I've failed :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending