Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone studying at the University of Derby online?

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Wow, I didn't think that I'd ever post on a student message board again in my life, but here we go!

To cut a long story short, I went to university in Germany and left in 2008 as I couldn't complete my course due to financial problems. I'm now hoping to be able to do a top-up course to eventually complete my degree and have come across the University of Derby online who offer a course I'm hugely interested in - and who will also consider my application.

Is anyone planning to study there - or has already enrolled to a course? (Or even completed one?)

I don't really care about university rankings etc. - I've got enough work experience so it's kind of not important anymore if I've got a degree and if I knew I'd stay in the UK for the rest of my life I wouldn't bother and pursue professional qualifications instead, but who knows where I'll be in 10 years time. So, for the moment, my priorities are a course that really interests me (other candidate are the University of Portsmouth and Sheffield Hallum - both courses don't appeal to me that much though) and which is affordable.

Would love to hear from someone who can tell me what it's like
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello Silverblue,

I am a mature student about to start the Access course here in Derby, the university is within a mile of my house and easy to access

Derby has a large percentage of mature students and is a small and very friendly university. If you check in the area forums you will find Derby has its own sub-forum where you will get more answers

If you have any specific questions of a local, feel free to ask.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply - I'm living in the South East so will be studying online with them. That's if they want me!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 16, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.