The Student Room Group

The animal that you hate/freaks you out the most?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Profesh
Cthulhu.

I thought it is just a myth? can it be counted as animal anyway?

Original post by Obiejess
Wasps and venemous animals like snakes/deadly spiders/scorpions. Basically things that might hurt me :frown:

I don't like wasps too. Whenever a wasp is too close to me, I try to blow it off.
So many...

- Monkeys are pretty damn weird and scary. The aye aye :lol:
- I absolutely hate moths and insects and spiders.
I hate bees and wasps. They terrify me. Also mosquitoes. But I'm fine with other insects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 163
Ticks.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
So many...

- Monkeys are pretty damn weird and scary. The aye aye :lol: (...)

Have never seen a human before who freaks by monkeys out. As far as I know they are very friendly animals.
Original post by Kallisto
Have never seen a human before who freaks by monkeys out. As far as I know they are very friendly animals.

It's the fact they are pretty human like, just really weird. I watched Monkey Planet or something yesterday, they're so weird :rofl:
It's the fact they are pretty human like, just really weird. I watched Monkey Planet or something yesterday, they're so weird :rofl:

I see. But I would say that you are frightened at the film, not the monkeys. That is a difference! :biggrin:
I see. But I would say that you are frightened at the film, not the monkeys. That is a difference! :biggrin:

It was a documentary, I wouldn't say scared, just that they're really weird.

Like at a Zoo I'd happily go near them , just think they're strange as.
It was a documentary, I wouldn't say scared, just that they're really weird.

Like at a Zoo I'd happily go near them , just think they're strange as.

Could it be that you have a love-hate relationship to monkeys? In the one hand you are very curious and want to experience more about the monkeys, in the other hand you are afraid of their behaviour and want to go away. Very strange, if you ask me.
Could it be that you have a love-hate relationship to monkeys? In the one hand you are very curious and want to experience more about the monkeys, in the other hand you are afraid of their behaviour and want to go away. Very strange, if you ask me.

:rofl: I don't think it's that deep, they're just strange looking and behaving.
:rofl: I don't think it's that deep, they're just strange looking and behaving.

You are right in terms of some species. Orang-Utans seem very strange. Look at them! their arms are longer than their legs!
You are right in terms of some species. Orang-Utans seem very strange. Look at them! their arms are longer than their legs!

Yes!!! Orangutans look so weird :eek: their faces :rofl:
Yes!!! Orangutans look so weird :eek: their faces :rofl:

Their faces are not sooo strange like the fact that they have long arms. Arms which are longer than their body! tarsiers looks strange too, but they are fascinating as well.
Reply 173
Original post by Profesh
Cthulhu.

Anything from the deep sea is pretty freaky. I remember seeing a photo of some absurd Chimera fish or something that got washed up after the Tsunami. Looked like a stealth jet.

chimaera-fish.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
I would have said all bugs except bees, wasps, butterflies, ladybugs and spiders.

Then someone posted a picture of a sea pig. :afraid:
Reply 175
I like many animals when I think about them but when I'm actually near them they kinda freak me out. Horses for example, I love the thought of a beautiful horse but whenever I'm around horses they scare me, I mean they're so big and don't give a **** about people (some horse girl is gonna be pissed at me for saying that but that's how I feel so save your rants). They obey people, sure, but the first chance they get they start rebelling and see how far they can bend their boundaries, you have to be constantly reminding them that you're the boss. At least that's how my mom's horse is, I don't like it. I feel like horses are planning something big and one day when we least expect it they'll take over the world and we'll be their slaves. And they'll ride us too.
Reply 176
ciupacapra :eek:
Reply 177
I love most animals. I have reptiles and a tarantula and love insects and bugs and scorpions and the like. I even love wasps...
So, the only creature I can think of that I don't like very much is the damn penguin. I really don't get it. They just do not appeal to me. It's so strange being a huge animal-lover, being fascinated by every corner of the animal kingdom and for all the species... and then I look at a penguin, and I'm just like wut is that. o.o Peoples' obsession with them in zoos and the like just bemuses me so much.

/did just realise I posted before, though didn't mention the penguin. Suppose as I'm not scared of it/don't hate it per se...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by awe
I love most animals. I have reptiles and a tarantula and love insects and bugs and scorpions and the like. I even love wasps...
So, the only creature I can think of that I don't like very much is the damn penguin. I really don't get it. They just do not appeal to me. It's so strange being a huge animal-lover, being fascinated by every corner of the animal kingdom and for all the species... and then I look at a penguin, and I'm just like wut is that. o.o Peoples' obsession with them in zoos and the like just bemuses me so much.

Why you hate me :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obviously excluding all predatory animals (lions, wolves etc) I'm pretty terrified of dogs. I just don't trust them, and even though I know they're usually harmless I just fear they will sense something from me and start attacking me.

Quick Reply

Latest