Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Decent Maths Studies IA Topic?

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    First of all, thank you for reading this. I am in the process of thinking about my topic for my internal assessment, and one in particular came to mind which was

- does a correlation exist between government spending and inflation rates between the years 2007-2011?

I will also be using data from Q1, Q2 and Q3 and compare them against other years.

What do you think?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Yeah, your topic sounds good! I did mine on the correlation between the number of people in each household in a village and the electricity consumption, so that the results give me the disparity in wealth. I got 16/20 And I didn't spend that much time on it, so I think anything stats is fine. Just do some good scatter plots, and some Chi- square tests, and you should be good! Having data from different years is a really good idea too.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saachi)
    Hey

Yeah, your topic sounds good! I did mine on the correlation between the number of people in each household in a village and the electricity consumption, so that the results give me the disparity in wealth. I got 16/20 And I didn't spend that much time on it, so I think anything stats is fine. Just do some good scatter plots, and some Chi- square tests, and you should be good! Having data from different years is a really good idea too.
    Thank you alot saachi! I hope your exams are going well!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattyboi69)
    Thank you alot saachi! I hope your exams are going well!
    You're welcome They went okay, only 1 left now!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine is on "Which factors affect the ability to tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke"

Sounds really **** but there was actually a correlation. Smokers and people who didn't eat pork on the whole weren't able to tell the difference. Strange eh.

EDIT: actually, it was difficult as i could only really do chi squared.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 2, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.