Electronics AQA June 2012 Exam Thread

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geditor)
    That ELEC2 paper was much harder
    I wouldn't say harder, just require a slighly different way of thinking an the questions were similar to what we had seen before, just with slight twists...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iCiaran)
    I wouldn't say harder, just require a slighly different way of thinking an the questions were similar to what we had seen before, just with slight twists...
    For the question with the two push pull amplifiers on the same circuit, with supply of 15 V, did you have to double the voltage to 30V when calculating the rms power dissipation? Thanks
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    For the question with the two push pull amplifiers on the same circuit, with supply of 15 V, did you have to double the voltage to 30V when calculating the rms power dissipation? Thanks
    Yeah you did, but I didn't, think the final correct answer was 225W
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    At least I'll be ready for the retake
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    How'd the few people on TSR that actually do electronics do then? Just shows how few people actually do the subject when you struggle to find them on this site xD
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How'd the few people on TSR that actually do electronics do then? Just shows how few people actually do the subject when you struggle to find them on this site xD
    Haha, I got full marks, A. What about yourself?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I got full marks, A. What about yourself?
    I got 298/300, lost 1 mark on the coursework xD
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I got 298/300, lost 1 mark on the coursework xD
    Oh cool, so where and what do you want to study at university? What A-levels do you take?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool, so where and what do you want to study at university? What A-levels do you take?
    I want to study Computer Science, hopefully at Cambridge, and at the moment I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computing and Electronics...

You?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I want to study Computer Science, hopefully at Cambridge, and at the moment I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computing and Electronics...

You?
    I'm doing the same as you except I dropped Computing for Chemistry halfway through the year I was going to study Physics at Oxford but I've recently changed my mind and I'm no longer sure as to what I wish to study at university... no a great start... hehe :P I was thinking about pursuing electronic engineering... :/
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the same as you except I dropped Computing for Chemistry halfway through the year I was going to study Physics at Oxford but I've recently changed my mind and I'm no longer sure as to what I wish to study at university... no a great start... hehe :P I was thinking about pursuing electronic engineering... :/
    I was very tempted by electronic engineering, but in the end I think I will enjoy CompSci more, and most CompSci courses have some electronics content anyway so it doesn't get completely left out anyway .

The thought of a pre physics degree would kinda scare ,me xD
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I was very tempted by electronic engineering, but in the end I think I will enjoy CompSci more, and most CompSci courses have some electronics content anyway so it doesn't get completely left out anyway .

The thought of a pre physics degree would kinda scare ,me xD
    How so?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 27, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.