Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

dating someone less hot than you

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014

I have bitten the bullet and i am dating someone who is not as hot as i could get, ive realised with the hot girls usually comes big problems, people have told me i can do better looks wise but this girl has a great personality and im going to give it a good shot.

And surely this will always put me at an advantage because she will know i can easily get someone else if i wanted to?

Also ive only been out with this girl twice and she is mega infatuated with me, kisses me non stop, always wants to hold my hand, tells me im gorgeous etc, this sounds stupid but is this a good or bad sign? being that into someone so quick?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like the potential for her to get hurt here is massive. Don't be a jerk, dont string her along if you aren't actually into her because you can't force something if the feelings aren't there.

(Original post by Double Agent)
    It sounds like the potential for her to get hurt here is massive. Don't be a jerk, dont string her along if you aren't actually into her because you can't force something if the feelings aren't there.
    My post may have came accross arrogant, i still fancy her lol dont get me wrong, i have feelings for her and certainly arent stringing her along.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    sounds as if she fancys you mate, looks aint everything
    if you like the girl then thats all that matters
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerben)
    Well said.

I agree completely with this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm failing to see a problem here. You're dating a girl that's totally in to you and that you like.
    Where's the problem?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerben)
    God damn I tried to plus that post but clicked the wrong button. Yeah, what he said!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHayden)
    God damn I tried to plus that post but clicked the wrong button. Yeah, what he said!
    lol no worries mate
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Confidence, a good thing.

She's happy, your happy. No problem there, I'm guessing you won't string her up.

Only potential problem I can see is if she gets clingy. Don't let it happen.

Enjoy.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have bitten the bullet and i am dating someone who is not as hot as i could get, ive realised with the hot girls usually comes big problems, people have told me i can do better looks wise but this girl has a great personality and im going to give it a good shot.

And surely this will always put me at an advantage because she will know i can easily get someone else if i wanted to?

Also ive only been out with this girl twice and she is mega infatuated with me, kisses me non stop, always wants to hold my hand, tells me im gorgeous etc, this sounds stupid but is this a good or bad sign? being that into someone so quick?
    Do you like her or are you stringing her along for your own gain (i.e ego boost, keeping her as a backup, sex)?

If it's the latter then I wouldn't do that. I know people who do this (girls mostly) and are absolute scum imo Anyway if she feels as though you're more attractive than her she will probably get mega jealous and possessive in the future.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sex with a girl you don't fancy is awkward. Sometimes when they just want you to come in and cuddle you want them to go away. It's not good. Get a girl you really fancy.

(Original post by Alpharius)
    Confidence, a good thing.

She's happy, your happy. No problem there, I'm guessing you won't string her up.

Only potential problem I can see is if she gets clingy. Don't let it happen.

Enjoy.
    How can i tell if she has a potential to get clingy? I mean its our second time out and she wants to kiss me non stop and cant keep her hands off me saying im gorgeous blah blah, ive dated before but never had a girl this into me, it feels good but i am concerned if its a bad sign, obviously she is into me but i mean is this the type of girl who falls for a guy quick but then stops fancying him quick aswell?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    if shes that touchy feely already it seems a clear sign she might get clingy.

but then ive had people act like that with me real soon and then soon after they move on. Infatuation that much so soon would have me wary.

I always find if they obsess/act OTT very quickly then it either means they will be clingy or they stop liking you after a short amount of time when the infatuation gets boring for them.

(Original post by pinkangelgirl)
    if shes that touchy feely already it seems a clear sign she might get clingy.

but then ive had people act like that with me real soon and then soon after they move on. Infatuation that much so soon would have me wary.

I always find if they obsess/act OTT very quickly then it either means they will be clingy or they stop liking you after a short amount of time when the infatuation gets boring for them.
    aww bummer lol, hope its not the second one

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 13, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.