The Student Room Group

The Edexcel C1 (16/05/12 - AM) Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by nereik6794
Not really, I don't think so. My maths scores so far are : C1 82/100 C2 78/100 S1 84/100 C3 74/100 and M1 88/100 and I never did them. I'm resitting this so I hopefully need less than 74 for my A. Maybe if you're going for an A* they could be needed, but I learn everything at home. I pay little attention in school (I prefer self study) so that is possibly a factor too.

Not bad realising that i teached C1 myself within a month as well, after our teacher went exile. But if you never did them and got an A, as well as me having nothing else to do i might as well do them even though they overcomplicate things too much. Guess they are back up for the hard questions that can come up in the end of the exam.
Reply 61
Original post by vxrz
I am in year 11 :tongue: ... Did my GCSE in year 10 so the school asked us to do C1 in year 11. Seems straightforward.

I must ask, are Solomon's a must for that high A?

Really doubt it, I'm only doing them because I ran out of Edexcel papers to do :P So gonna redo the ones I got less then 70 on tomorrow.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by vxrz
I am in year 11 :tongue: ... Did my GCSE in year 10 so the school asked us to do C1 in year 11. Seems straightforward.

I must ask, are Solomon's a must for that high A?

Lol I'm year 11 too :tongue: I haven't actually done GCSE maths yet so I'm doing c1 before GCSE (as crazy as that sounds :tongue:)

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by usycool1
Lol I'm year 11 too :tongue: I haven't actually done GCSE maths yet so I'm doing c1 before GCSE (as crazy as that sounds :tongue:)

Good luck! :smile:

Thanks, hope the best for you too!

But C1 before GCSE?! I guest it makes sense as that will make it easier for you lot!
Reply 64
Original post by vxrz
Thanks, hope the best for you too!

But C1 before GCSE?! I guest it makes sense as that will make it easier for you lot!

Yeah, I think that was the reasoning behind it :tongue:
Okay, so i just done the June 11 Paper and scored 63 marks on it, that with dropping a whole load of marks near the end..
But i still achieved an A - Which is good Right.

Grade boundaries for June 11 C1
A- 58Marks
B- 51Marks
C- 44Marks
D- 37Marks
E- 30Marks
U- 23Marks

Total Out of 75Marks
So Weirdly UNfair that year 11's are now put in to do Alevels? The rest of us all had to Start at Yr 12!
One of My Teachers mentioned that she is teaching her Yr 10's 'Linear Programming' -Which as most of you know is a topic covered in D1
well done! I did June 11 too and got 66 which is around my average but its still an A :biggrin:
Reply 68
As long as you understand why you made the mistake and learn how to answer it, then you shouldn't repeat repeat the same mistake again... That way you will obviously improve your grade and so when you get the real exam it will be easy peasy lemon squeezy because you have already come past the same type of question and so you will have learnt to answer it. So do as many past papers as you can before Wednesday!!
Reply 69
Original post by Salvatore8
So Weirdly UNfair that year 11's are now put in to do Alevels? The rest of us all had to Start at Yr 12!
One of My Teachers mentioned that she is teaching her Yr 10's 'Linear Programming' -Which as most of you know is a topic covered in D1

I did my GCSE in year 10, hence :biggrin:

I don't think it's unfair. Personally if I started a-level maths in year 11, I wouldn't of been ready for it and would of completely flopped
Reply 71
Okay, so i just done the June 11 Paper and scored 63 marks on it, that with dropping a whole load of marks near the end..
But i still achieved an A - Which is good Right.

Grade boundaries for June 11 C1
A- 58Marks
B- 51Marks
C- 44Marks
D- 37Marks
E- 30Marks
U- 23Marks

Total Out of 75Marks

Well done!! :biggrin:
Reply 72
Doing C1 early isn't always a good thing though, someone I know got rejected from (Either oxford or cambridge) for Medicine because apparently he did Maths over three years. He got into the other one, I think it was cambridge, cant remember.
Original post by usycool1
Well done!! :biggrin:

Thankyouverymuch :smile:
Original post by shorttstuff
I don't think it's unfair. Personally if I started a-level maths in year 11, I wouldn't of been ready for it and would of completely flopped

Yes i See where your coming from! I Get you.. its True :smile:
Subbed. Im doing this exam too tommorow.
Original post by shorttstuff
well done! I did June 11 too and got 66 which is around my average but its still an A :biggrin:

:cool:Welldone to You!
Reply 77
Just did the Jan 12 paper, it was actually surprisingly harder then the others :redface: Still smashed it though :biggrin: 71/75! Anyone know what was needed for 100?
Okay, so i Just done the June 10 Paper. i got a 58, which is sad cuz i Just missed an A

Here are the Grade Boundaries
A- 59Marks
B- 52Marks
C- 45Marks
D- 38Marks
E- 31Marks
U- 24Marks

If Anyone else Tries this Paper, LMK what you get! Good Luck :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
I don't often post on this site, but I'm taking the exam tomorrow good luck everyone!

Quick Reply