The Student Room Group

Please help..as and a2 retakes.

Hiya, I don't even know if I'm supposed to ask questions on here but I'm new to TSR so bare with me :tongue:

OK...so this might sound a little complicated but I need major help. I am doing my AS levels but I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail them. I'm not going to waste your time with any excuses as to why I failed because it was my own fault.
It's just lack of work and the fact that I chose the wrong subjects. I took Chem, Bio, History and Maths. I SUCK AT HISTORY. The highest I'll probably achieve is UECC. Pretty bad:P

SO now I'm torn between two options...I could either retake year 12 and start my AS all over again OR take AS and A2 in one year(next year). If I take year 12 again, uni's are NOT going to like it, rightly so. I'll also be regarded as a 'resitter' so that ain't good.

And if I take AS and A2 in one year..it'll be hard work but I am prepared..but does that mean my predicted grades will be crap? If I retake it all in one year, unis are not going to like my predicted grades and it will just reduce the chances of me getting it, so I'd rather take year 12...ace it and then continue with THOSE predicted grades for Uni.

p.s. I am willing to work hard now, I've learnt my lesson:smile:
Reply 1
I'm a resitter, and it was the best thing I ever did.

2010 AS

Chem - E
Maths - D
English - C
Bio - C

2011 AS

Maths - A
English - A
Finance - A
Politics - B

Got accepted into Sheffield, Lancaster, Loughboro and Reading.

And could have probably got into better unis too but they didn't do the course I wanted. Being a re-sitter isn't too bad unless you're applying to the up themselves unis like Imperial or something.
(edited 11 years ago)
I agree with the person above, resitting is the best thing.

I got DUUU for Computing, Maths, Bio and Chem last year all because i just chilled the whole year.
This year my predicted grades are AAAB :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest