The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Heh, i havn't had any problems since. Give it a day or so, maybe the domain needs to propogate again or something lol.
Kiechi
Rather be safe than sorry.

I agree with that... it is a good idea to get all of the shots before going to a different country, because it would really suck to get sick in a country were you don't speak the language ect.
Reply 22
emit.
Heh, i havn't had any problems since. Give it a day or so, maybe the domain needs to propogate again or something lol.

ah, tis working well now.

Beijing looks like one big smog cloud, lol. Something like 8 out of the 10 most polluted cities in the world are in china, looks like that's pretty true.

Where is this Looks pretty neat.
Reply 23
Tiger Leaping Gorge, near Lijiang. We did a trek there for 3 days, well 2 because we had to pull back out due to landslides, which I have a few photos of! But it was an amazing place with awesome scenary.
Reply 24
i went to a place called Hunzhou south of Shanghai. Really pretty with the west lake which is beautiful. Spent a weekend in Shaghai - lots to do tike the fish gardens, pu dong elevisio tower etc. Was oa cultural exchange programme so also got to stay with a family and have mandari lessons!
The summer is boiling hot by the way - very humid.
have fun!
Reply 25
£360 return to beijing on lufthansa at the begining of august £360!!!!!

BARGIN OR WHAT!!!
Reply 26
it depends how many days you will spend and which city you will visit. Anyways, 360 quid sounds reasonable if we are talking about a 3-city and 9 days tour or more.
Reply 27
cor
Meh you don't need any vaccines if your only going for a month.

ooooooooh cmon what vaccines r u talking about. im there every summer and never took any vaccines. dont be stupid ppl is country like every other
KidA
not a gap year but I'm going to china this summer, and I just wondered if anyone had any tips, cool places to visit that arn't all that obvious and the like.

Visit Tibet and see what the Chinese are doing over there
elza
ooooooooh cmon what vaccines r u talking about. im there every summer and never took any vaccines. dont be stupid ppl is country like every other

Depends where you go to be honest. The villages are complete sh*tholes, for example.
emit.
Hey, yes I went last summer for a month long expedition from Beijing down across central China to Kunming then Hong Kong.

I am currently writing up my diary to accompany my photographs which you can find here: china photographs.

Some places I visited:

Beijing, Xi'an (terracotta warriors), Chengdu, Kunming, Lijang, Dali, Hong Kong and we did a project in a remote village - i guess that won't apply.

Anything you want to ask, go ahead :smile:

Heheheh, you're such a geographer.
Oh and you'll want to do some karaoke with the locals once you're there, I'm sure :wink:
Reply 32
The Ace is Back
Depends where you go to be honest. The villages are complete sh*tholes, for example.

well we cant compare them with europian villages for sure, but why would u go to the villages dude, leave them to the chinese :P
Reply 33
elza
why would u go to the villages dude, leave them to the chinese :P

why would you go to the cities? the villages have far more culture.
Let's just say - going to a Chinese village is a 'character building' experience.
Reply 35
Hey, i dont normally post in here but was browsing so just thought i'd add my 10 cents worth!
the Ace is back - i know what you mean, I spent 2 1/2 months in china and tibet (what a screwed up place!) china is a very strange but quite a unique experience, one village we went to had only been open for a short while and it resembeld an african village and the only place where i actually saw more human crap outside the long drop than in it, someone must have forgotten to explain the concept when they built it. whereas the big cities are quite western, minus the spiting, queue jumping etc etc!

places to visit, Xian the warriors are awesome, Chendgu and hop into Tibet, its dirt cheap, easy and once they build the rail link in it will never be the same again. Take lots of patience with you, you'll need it!
Price wise I spent roughly the same in 2 1/2 months incl China Tibet and Mongolia that I did for one 1/2 months in OZ.
Reply 36
emit.
why would you go to the cities? the villages have far more culture.

if u say so ...
Reply 37
Man, I would love to go to China sometime soon. How much are the tickets there by plane in general or is there cheaper ways to get to China?

Latest