The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling accommodation 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by viks14
No iv got no idea.. Any idea how many are sharing kitchens and stuff too?

No idea but I'm hoping each floor is split up into like 2/3 flats.

Maybe 1-8 have a kitchen, 9-15 have a kitchen or something similar.

I don't think they'd shove 16 people into one kitchen. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I might phone and ask tomorrow, i'll tell you if I get any info.
(edited 11 years ago)
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 21
Original post by JAlexander91
No idea but I'm hoping each floor is split up into like 2/3 flats.

Maybe 1-8 have a kitchen, 9-15 have a kitchen or something similar.

I don't think they'd shove 16 people into one kitchen. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I might phone and ask tomorrow, i'll tell you if I get any info.

Ye I was thinking the same.. Sounds good thanks :smile:
Original post by gaiaxsempre
Hey. I'm Ari, when I went to visit the uni the person who took me on a tour told me 8 ppl were sharing a kitchen.

Only in ASH or in the halls in general?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hey. I'm Ari, when I went to visit the uni the person who took me on a tour told me 8 ppl were sharing a kitchen.

Well theres our answer. Looks like all 3 of us will be sharing a kitchen in September. What are you both studying?
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm doing psychology too! BA or BSc?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Yeah, guess so! Psychology, what about you?

I went to Dundee Uni to do psychology 2 years ago, didn't like it. So i'm doing Accounting with Sports Science. I should have done Accounting and Finance. Stupid mistake.
I'm in AKD room 2/04 W, anyone else nearby? :smile:

What does the W or E mean anyway, West or East facing rooms or something?
Reply 27
Original post by Ryan Campbell
I'm in AKD room 2/04 W, anyone else nearby? :smile:

What does the W or E mean anyway, West or East facing rooms or something?

Each hall is split into East and West wings, and on each floor there is a flat in the east wing, and a flat in the west wing :smile:
I went to Dundee Uni to do psychology 2 years ago, didn't like it. So i'm doing Accounting with Sports Science. I should have done Accounting and Finance. Stupid mistake.

LOL. We are opposites, I was at Bath uni studying business admin with accounting and finance, didn't like it. I think they will let you change to a & f, they seem pretty chill about changing courses.
LOL. We are opposites, I was at Bath uni studying business admin with accounting and finance, didn't like it. I think they will let you change to a & f, they seem pretty chill about changing courses.

Haha thats quite weird. How did you do in it? I got progressively worse towards the end because I knew I wasn't going to finish, so I won't be much help to you should you need it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Haha thats quite weird. How did you do in it? I got progressively worse towards the end so I won't be much help to you.

Yeah it is! hahaha that's alright, I was more okay with the business stuff, but I had no idea what was going on in finance, accounting so so.
Oh that's cool :smile: BSc, and you ??

BSc as well :smile:
Yeah it is! hahaha that's alright, I was more okay with the business stuff, but I had no idea what was going on in finance, accounting so so.

I know where im going for help lol

How come you decided to move to Stirling from Switzerland ?
ahahaha... you can have my accounting book too :P ohhh switzerland was a while ago, I'm from Italy and I'd probably become a hobo if I did psychology here, plus I love the UK, so it made sense to me. Are you from stirling/scotland?

Glasgow. My club used to train at the pool they have there so I knew it was somewhere I wanted to go.
great, 1st year?

Yup :smile:

Do you know what you're going to study alongside it? Cause I have nooo idea...
Original post by destinyandchicken
Yup :smile:

Do you know what you're going to study alongside it? Cause I have nooo idea...

If its anything like Dundee you'll have subjects like Philosophy, Politics, History French Italian German ect as modules.
Reply 36
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could give me info about ASH?
I've just accepted the contract for a room and I'm 8/17E!
Does this mean I am floor 8? Is there a lift to this floor?
I have no idea what the inside of the halls looks like could anyone fill me in? Worried incase i have made the wrong choice!
Original post by JillianG
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could give me info about ASH?
I've just accepted the contract for a room and I'm 8/17E!
Does this mean I am floor 8? Is there a lift to this floor?
I have no idea what the inside of the halls looks like could anyone fill me in? Worried incase i have made the wrong choice!

No lifts and yes you're on the 8th floor. The rooms are the best you'll get at Stirling.
Reply 38
No lifts and yes you're on the 8th floor. The rooms are the best you'll get at Stirling.

Thank you! That's a relief. Are you a current student at the uni? :smile:
Original post by JillianG
Thank you! That's a relief. Are you a current student at the uni? :smile:

Nope. Going into 1st year in sept.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending