The Student Room Group

EU Bloc Secretariat election

Scroll to see replies

Original post by toronto353
QFA

Morgsie
QFA

The poll has closed, please see above for results.
Congrats Morgsie! By far the best man for the job.
Congratulations Morgsie. I will be sending out my final update tonight before handing over the reins.
Reply 23
I would like to say a massive thank you.

Toronto has done a good job in establishing this and now my role is to build on that success. The States of Europe can work together on various issues. I am also Secretariat of the Baltic Partnership aswell and I will be vital in establishing relations. 9 Members of the EU are members of the BP and they can refer things up from the BP to the EU. With regards to the other groups here in the MUN I will be their main point of contact with the EU Bloc.

I have been clear what the EU can and cannot do within the UN system and I have posted the relevant EU Treaties. The way forward is to be bigger and active and ideally have our own subforum which we will work towards that goal. Enlargement is an issue and I will be working with you all to establish a clearer process. The MUNSC needs reform and I favour something along the lines of the RL UNSC. There are 10 NP members IRL and my idea is 6 NP members with a year term. 3 members elected one month and 6 months later the other 3 are elected.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending