The Student Room Group

Will unis care that I re-sit some AS modules in my A2 year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Vulpes
Universities will tend to place more emphasis on your A2 predictions instead of your AS grades. Most people apply during Year 13, when they haven't sat their A levels yet. On your UCAS form, you simply note down your A2 modules as "pending"

What he said :yep:
Re-sat English lit exam twice and still have a Cambridge offer so don't worry about it!
Original post by AishaTara
if you dont mind me asking, what did you get in your AS subjects like AABB? I sit all my exams in one go, and am expecting to do a resit or two :/

I got ABBB. I got As in my January exams then got complacent for June... Eeek
Original post by tania<3
I got ABBB. I got As in my January exams then got complacent for June... Eeek

ahh so you can do re-takes. I know I can get As, but I've been unwell for the past month, i have applied for special considerations my school did, but at the end of the day I dont want to use it as my reason, I still want to get my As.
Did you re-take in Jan? if so how did it go? :smile: x
Original post by AishaTara
ahh so you can do re-takes. I know I can get As, but I've been unwell for the past month, i have applied for special considerations my school did, but at the end of the day I dont want to use it as my reason, I still want to get my As.
Did you re-take in Jan? if so how did it go? :smile: x

Well as you have extenuating circumstances definitely get that mentioned in your reference (if you so wish - could help :smile: but personally I would think along the same lines as you and not want it to be an excuse to not get As :tongue:).

Yep retook C2 and Chem unit 2 in Jan, got As on both :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending