The Student Room Group

iGCSE 2012 Chemistry Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by Sun_Bear
Which part?

All of it was okay except the one where it said suggest the relative melting point of this mixture to the other or something, that really confused me :frown:
Can someone upload the paper please?
just wondered has anyone uploaded an unofficial mark scheme for the chemistry paper 1c (double award science IGCSE) , like they did for biology? Just asking because don't want to flick through 27 pages :smile:
Reply 523
For the negative ion which can't be detected through precipitation question, would O 2- count as an answer?
Reply 524
Original post by taylorswiftx
just wondered has anyone uploaded an unofficial mark scheme for the chemistry paper 1c (double award science IGCSE) , like they did for biology? Just asking because don't want to flick through 27 pages :smile:

Original post by yiannis1995
Can someone upload the paper please?

We need the paper, ask your centres people! I already asked mine
Original post by SupremeNunchucks
Dammn i got 22.3 :frown:

more marks lost there..

Im pretty sure the answer was 2.4, because there were two moles rather than one mole.. :confused:
Did you guys get: Lithium, Iron (II) and Iodine for the colours of ppt and flame test?!:smile:
Reply 527
Original post by lily-anne01
Did you guys get: Lithium, Iron (II) and Iodine for the colours of ppt and flame test?!:smile:

the first one was potassium not lithium because the flame colour was lilac
Original post by Rss777
the first one was potassium not lithium because the flame colour was lilac

yes you're right! i put that sorry mis-typed!
Reply 529
what did u guys get for the colour change question?

I said the salt solution went from orange to colourless because bromine in aq is orange but then chlorine displaces it and forms nacl which is colourless.

helppppp:smile:
Reply 530
Original post by antonini
what did u guys get for the colour change question?

I said the salt solution went from orange to colourless because bromine in aq is orange but then chlorine displaces it and forms nacl which is colourless.

helppppp:smile:

No Br is displaced so at the end so br is dissolved so it goes from colourless to bromine. well i think anyway
Reply 531
Original post by sahajkaur
All of it was okay except the one where it said suggest the relative melting point of this mixture to the other or something, that really confused me :frown:

I agree you :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
for the question when you had to name particle a? what did you put?
Reply 533
Original post by sahajkaur
No Br is displaced so at the end so br is dissolved so it goes from colourless to bromine. well i think anyway

I dont think so... NaBr is made into NaCl right? So wouldnt that mean that Bromine gas escapes? so the solution is colourless, but the gas let out is brown? Confused me that one :s-smilie:
Reply 534
Original post by lily-anne01
for the question when you had to name particle a? what did you put?

I put that it was a Silicon atom due to the two single bonds between the silcon and the oxygen, although apparently thats wrong:mad: It was oxygen. I got that whole page wrong as i put ionic as i thought silicon was a metal however the bonding is giant covalent:frown:. 8 marks lost there, i need a good performance in 2C to get an A*. I reckon it will be much easier
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 535
Oh yeah, for the first part (I think) of that question, where it says what happens when CaSiO3 is formed by the reaction between CaO and SiO2, is it neutralisation or the breaking of Ionic bonds to make covalent bonds?? I've asked like 5 people, and none of them know for sure...
Reply 536
Original post by Sub150
Oh yeah, for the first part (I think) of that question, where it says what happens when CaSiO3 is formed by the reaction between CaO and SiO2, is it neutralisation or the breaking of Ionic bonds to make covalent bonds?? I've asked like 5 people, and none of them know for sure...

Not sure either, majority of people i have asked say something along the lines of neutralisation but they weren't absolutely sure. :s-smilie:
Reply 537
Was neutralisation, I thought it was ionic so said it was Si 4+ ion.... ;P the answer was silicon atom
Reply 538
Mm, I wasnt sure because there are no Hydroxonium ions involved... So there is an acidic or basic compound (the question said that it was pure SiO2 which is not acidic)
Is CaO basic?? because it doesnt have a pH if it isnt in soln does it??
Reply 539
No idea, that question was solid, i reckon the grade boundaries could be about 138 for A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending