The Student Room Group

iGCSE 2012 Chemistry Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by sahajkaur
Oh hello, me again :tongue:

:ciao: hello "me again" who are you?? :confused:
I'm doing the Double-Award, and the Chem exam is the one I'm most worried about. Bio and Physics seem easy, but Chem is totally different :frown:
Reply 82
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
I'm doing the Double-Award, and the Chem exam is the one I'm most worried about. Bio and Physics seem easy, but Chem is totally different :frown:

Really?! I find chem the easiest <3

Original post by nithpriya
:ciao: hello "me again" who are you?? :confused:

i wasn't talking to you............

Bio is just memorisation and Physics is just common sense are learning formulae.

I enjoy studying Chem, but the exams just seem like tedious bull**** aha!
Reply 84

I find chem easy too (not that I get awesum marks) and the rest is hell on earth!

>:smile:
Reply 85
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
Bio is just memorisation and Physics is just common sense are learning formulae.

I enjoy studying Chem, but the exams just seem like tedious bull**** aha!

I find it easiest because once you understand basic concepts it gets sooo easy!
Physics is easiest for me, basically just some formulae
Reply 87
Chemistry in 1 and half days!
U guys ready?
Reply 88
Original post by octopauly

for our current papers...u can't just learn formulae for physics...now it all about explaining, suggesting and describing!!
Original post by NilFBosh
for our current papers...u can't just learn formulae for physics...now it all about explaining, suggesting and describing!!

Yeh but none of it needs much understanding.

Either way it was the one I did best on in the mocks with least revision
Reply 90
Yeh but none of it needs much understanding.

Either way it was the one I did best on in the mocks with least revision

i dunno...maybe the paper was set using the old type of questions!

OMG This, the old style IGCSE from 2003 papers were fine but now these new style papers have like 5 experiment questions all asking how can you set this up or suggest why he is wrong etc. I hate them :frown: despite a lot of the time the answers are just common sense (which I lack).
Reply 92

You obviously havent looked at the new spec if you think its 'just learning formulae'.....lol
Reply 93
I find it easiest because once you understand basic concepts it gets sooo easy!

True, personally I find biology the most difficult! Chemistry is by far the most simple in my opinion. Physics is Ok, though the Physics January paper's questions on heating potatoes were really stupid.
Reply 94
Original post by ak2109
True, personally I find biology the most difficult! Chemistry is by far the most simple in my opinion. Physics is Ok, though the Physics January paper's questions on heating potatoes were really stupid.

I agree with you on the potatoes.:rolleyes:
Reply 95
Oh hello, me again :tongue:

Is it just me or do they give so much time for the exams? I mean, I finished the 2hr paper in the mock in one hour 20 minutes and the 1hr paper in 30 mins.
Reply 96
I'm doing AQA unit 2 chemistry

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 97
Original post by Mazzini
Is it just me or do they give so much time for the exams? I mean, I finished the 2hr paper in the mock in one hour 20 minutes and the 1hr paper in 30 mins.

Chemistry yes! To be honest it's understanding and basic knowledge so it doesn't require much effort :tongue:
Reply 98
Original post by nacho1996
I'm doing AQA unit 2 chemistry

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Cool....But as the title says this is for Edexcel iGCSE
i dunno...maybe the paper was set using the old type of questions!

No, it was the 2011 paper, but the experiment questions needed no knowledge of physics, and most of the other stuff you could get by just using your brain

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending