The Student Room Group

To aggregate or not to aggregate???

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice.

I'm currently in year 13 taking my A2's. I retook year 12 due to certain circumstances and finished the retake year with BBB in Physics, computing and applied science. I also took politics which I hated. I'm now continuing with those subjects, except politics and I'm doing AS DT instead. During my first time in year 12 I also took maths which didn't go well but I'm also doing that in my own time this year.

I'm taking a gap year next year as I really want a break but I wouldn't mind doing some work to improve my grades if needed. For maths AS I probably will have to retake statistics as I've really been concentrating on C1 and 2.
This year I would like to get BBBB and at least a C in maths, but really would like a B or better. I plan to do either a computing or engineering related course at university.

The question is: should I aggregate this year or next year?
Would universities not like the idea of my a-levels spanning over 4 years if aggregation was left till next year.
Do universites have to see past aggregations if I reaggregate something next year? Can I just leave it off my ucas application?

Hope someone can offer some advice.

Thanks,

John

Quick Reply

Latest