Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Joey Barton

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The world would honestly be a better place if he died.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Joey Barton should be jailed. He's never going to be anything more then a stain on the PL. No doubt he'l come out tommorow with all that 'iv changed' crap again too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tevez started it.
    • 26 followers

(Original post by bluenose14)
    Tevez started it.
    they see me trollin, they hating :shifty:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ban him for life? Behave.

He's a hot head and a bit of an ******** but that doesn't mean he should be banned for life. He isn't the first player of this type and he wont be the last. Look at Duncan Ferguson at Everton, he was a psycho, lashing out every now and then. He will get punished, and then will be allowed to come back again, and rightly so.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Except Tevez did "start it"? For what? He rolled around in the penalty box clutching his face. Would've ****ed me off too cheating bastard.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha seriously though. Obviously Barton is a gob****e but Tevez had a kick out at him that has been forgotten in the witchunt. I don't have any sympathy with Barton but Tevez is also a prick.
    • 26 followers

(Original post by gemnomnom)
    Except Tevez did "start it"? For what? He rolled around in the penalty box clutching his face. Would've ****ed me off too cheating bastard.
    Didn't look like what Tevez did was intentional. It is worth mentioning he is being hated for everything after the Tevez incident.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Didn't look like what Tevez did was intentional. Itis worth mentioning he is being hated for everything after the Tevez incident.
    Yes, I understand. But "everything after" is a consequence of what Barton described as a "punch to the head" from Tevez.

(Original post by Sir Phillip Jones)
    Here's some of his tweets:
    Here's another: "Think a few people are forgetting Tevez started the fracas by throwing a punch to the head...?"
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Absolute **** of a player, not shocked he's done this at all.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    He's back.

Shearers still on my case..."I know I f*cked up Alan, thanks for stating the obvious."

Whilst were both stating the obvious about each other, can I just say for the record what a great player u were. Well better me...

But I have a better hair(which is not hard), wear well better shirts on TV and have a personality(something u lack).

I really don't like that prick, in fact I honestly despise him... Goodnight.
    So Alan Shearer takes the moral high ground

• 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for his kid, having everyone know your dad is the biggest ****.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was interesting how MOTD focused on Bartons incident, then glossed over Cahills with something like theres no reason to dwell on that so we will leave it at that.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    Ban him for life? Behave.

He's a hot head and a bit of an ******** but that doesn't mean he should be banned for life. He isn't the first player of this type and he wont be the last. Look at Duncan Ferguson at Everton, he was a psycho, lashing out every now and then. He will get punished, and then will be allowed to come back again, and rightly so.
    So? You speak as if this is the first time he's behaved violently - he mentally has aggression issues. Where would you draw the line, until he breaks someone's leg? He's a danger to those around him and shows no signs of change. A lengthy ban would be a lenient decision for him.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    Thought it was interesting how MOTD focused on Bartons incident, then glossed over Cahills with something like theres no reason to dwell on that so we will leave it at that.
    Cabaye pushed one of the ball boys as well. Didn't even get mentioned. Didn't surprise me though as they didn't even show Osman hit the post as they had to make space for a Kompany slide tackle compilation.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can't really blame him.

He can't help it.

He's a Scouser.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    So? You speak as if this is the first time he's behaved violently - he mentally has aggression issues. Where would you draw the line, until he breaks someone's leg? He's a danger to those around him and shows no signs of change. A lengthy ban would be a lenient decision for him.
    I clearly speak as if it isn't the first time he has behaved violently.
    There are sufficient measures in place to deal with violent behaviour, he will get his deserved punishment. Deliberate elbows happen, so do kick outs and head butts. You see Rugby players square up and knock ten bells out of eachother.

I just think whenever it's to do with Barton there is a huge over reaction.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What amazes me most about this whole incident is that Balotelli does this **** all the time but when Joey Barton does it there's a full blown witch-hunt. I think both are scum, but the hypocrisy of some people on here is far more abhorrent than the behaviour of either player. Tbph I can't blame Barton for wanting to take another player with him, knowing he's been sent off for nothing more than handbags with Tevez, who started the whole thing in the first place. His antics in other games/off the pitch have been ridiculous, but in this case I really don't think he did all that much wrong. It's not as if he was ever in any danger of seriously hurting another player. Ten years ago Keane and Viera were doing stuff like this (or worse) to each other every season and no one batted an eyelid. I mean it's typical City, you can't really blame other players for getting annoyed when they instigate incidents like that and then feign injury when retaliation inevitably comes. Violence seems like a perfectly justified course of action in the face of blatant cheating, actually, I mean the FA certainly aren't going to do anything about it now, are they? I only wish he'd done a better job and given Aguero a dead leg so he couldn't have scored the winner - I'm sure that was what he had in mind when he tried it actually, one last effort to help his team on the defensive end.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    He is stupid for the fact he took the advice of his team mate to "knee" Aguero, I mean how stupid can you get.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My Mum used to (attempt to) teach him at primary school. She says he was a right little **** even back then.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 6, 2012
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.