Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I just feel so unhappy, what's wrong with me?

Announcements Posted on
    • 160 followers

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't answer the question "what is making you unhappy" because I just have no idea. But all the time I just feel so unhappy.

Why is it the case?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    How the hell are we meant to know if you don't know? Though I thought the crippling obsession with vanity might have been an obvious guess
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsLovett112)
    How the hell are we meant to know if you don't know? Though I thought the crippling obsession with vanity might have been an obvious guess
    That was a bit mean, really...
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    You want to be socially accepted.

Solution: **** society.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Is everything okay with your family life? Perhaps you're stressed about exams?
    Try and ask yourself if you're satisfied with everything in your life, and if you think that you are, perhaps you should see your GP? My Dad has had depression for years now, and he didn't understand what triggered it. It can happen to the best of people, even the people you think are the most happiest. x
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeuralGroove)
    That was a bit mean, really...
    Probably, but I have tried quite desperately to reassure imso in the past that things get better having seen the trillion other depressed threads she's posted. I have been quite willing to hear her out but she doesn't ever say anything. There's no use in complaining if you're not willing to let someone help, which I'm sure many people have tried to do
    • 160 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably, but I have tried quite desperately to reassure imso in the past that things get better having seen the trillion other depressed threads she's posted. I have been quite willing to hear her out but she doesn't ever say anything. There's no use in complaining if you're not willing to let someone help, which I'm sure many people have tried to do
    What am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to say?

I just haven't got a single clue.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Definitely speak to a professional. Even if you don't know what to say, they probably deal with similar cases who don't know what to say either.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did you eat a Toblerone straight from the fridge?
    • 160 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    Definitely speak to a professional. Even if you don't know what to say, they probably deal with similar cases who don't know what to say either.
    For various reasons, I can't speak with a professional. Not at this point in time anyway.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You're a complete idiot.
    • 51 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    For various reasons, I can't speak with a professional. Not at this point in time anyway.
    Explain why not?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    You need to speak with someone, im so academic. Asking for advice all the time on an internet forum won't be as helpful as seeing a professional psychologist/therapist about your problems.

You may have depression, or something milder but similar to it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    sounds like obesity to me
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    "unless you change how you are, you'll always have what you got." - Jim Rohn
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't answer the question "what is making you unhappy" because I just have no idea. But all the time I just feel so unhappy.

Why is it the case?
    Either general growing pains (it's tough being your age) or (something leading towards) mild depression.

If you can't see a GP at the moment - though i would strongly advise this - you could always try seeing if St John's Wort helps improve your mood at all. I do think you should see a doctor though or talk to someone at school :yes:
    • 160 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Either general growing pains (it's tough being your age) or (something leading towards) mild depression.

If you can't see a GP at the moment - though i would strongly advise this - you could always try seeing if St John's Wort helps improve your mood at all. I do think you should see a doctor though or talk to someone at school :yes:
    What is that?

Doctors/people at school do not help at all. They just do not care and/or understand.
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    What is that?

Doctors/people at school do not help at all. They just do not care and/or understand.
    It's some kinda herbal remedy that supposedly alleviates at least some of the symptoms of depression. You can buy it without a prescription for quite a reasonable price at Superdrug (or a not-so-reasonable price at Boots) :yes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What is that?

As mentioned by The_Lonely_Goatherd it's a herbal remedy for depression. There's a pretty huge list of meds it reacts with (an important one being birth control pills) so make sure you're not taking anything it interacts with (not sure if there'll be a list on the bottle, check the wikipedia article otherwise).

Also watch out as it can make you sunburn easily.

Perhaps you're feeling an emptiness and looking to fill it with materialistic things? or music? art?
    I went through a similar thing, I started assessing my life and what my purpose was - or rather the lack of what I was doing to fulfil my purpose.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 5, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.