Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone use Never Gymless?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    by Ross Enamait? Or any other primarily bodyweight-based programmes for that matter.

I'm primarily looking for rehabilitation (strengthen joints and core) moving into strength so at the moment gaining mass/aesthetics isn't too important. A few reasons for wanting bodyweight: convenience (only local gym is expensive, not much room for weights at home) but mainly I appreciate the idea of having "conditioning" and body control, I always wanted to do gymnastics as a kid so the exercise itself is appealing to me.

Currently using jumprope for cardio (finding it far easier on my knees than running). Ideally I'm wanting all this to get me back into martial arts which I had to give up.

At the mo I'm 5'11" and exactly 170lbs (was about 135-140 two years ago/before illness), skinny-fat ectomorph.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of people use only bodyweight exercise and get really strong - we call 'em gymnasts!

I say go for it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SEHughes)
    Plenty of people use only bodyweight exercise and get really strong - we call 'em gymnasts!

I say go for it.
    Thanks I'll give it a go. I have a generic bodyweight exercise book (Mark Lauren one), but I'd heard the Ross one has better structured programmes thats all. No harm trying it though.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJ555)
    by Ross Enamait? Or any other primarily bodyweight-based programmes for that matter.

I'm primarily looking for rehabilitation (strengthen joints and core) moving into strength so at the moment gaining mass/aesthetics isn't too important. A few reasons for wanting bodyweight: convenience (only local gym is expensive, not much room for weights at home) but mainly I appreciate the idea of having "conditioning" and body control, I always wanted to do gymnastics as a kid so the exercise itself is appealing to me.

Currently using jumprope for cardio (finding it far easier on my knees than running). Ideally I'm wanting all this to get me back into martial arts which I had to give up.

At the mo I'm 5'11" and exactly 170lbs (was about 135-140 two years ago/before illness), skinny-fat ectomorph.
    Hey dude

I do Animal flaw if you are familiar with it.

If you around Manchester feel free to join me us..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hfreaks)
    Hey dude

I do Animal flaw if you are familiar with it.

If you around Manchester feel free to join me us..
    Not near manchester at the mo, but AF does sound good. From what I've seen some of the movements are quite familiar to me, similar to a few yoga/pilates sequences but made more dynamic. I do like doing bear and spiderman (alligator/lizard) crawls.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJ555)
    Not near manchester at the mo, but AF does sound good. From what I've seen some of the movements are quite familiar to me, similar to a few yoga/pilates sequences but made more dynamic. I do like doing bear and spiderman (alligator/lizard) crawls.
    Nice, how often do you training???

I climbing this days lot and do rope sprinting ups with weights.
    Bear crawling is my favourite nd monkey bars.

Keep it up dude

Peace
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hfreaks)
    Nice, how often do you training???

I climbing this days lot and do rope sprinting ups with weights.
    Bear crawling is my favourite nd monkey bars.

Keep it up dude

Peace
    I'm still in the process of rehabilitation so I'm only doing the crawls once or twice a week at the moment with rope jumping on off days. I'll hopefully be building it up to every other day with daily yoga over the next couple of months.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 18, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.