Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wearing contact lenses twice in one day?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I usually wear contact lenses for about 8-10 hours a day, but if I am going out in the evening after college would it be safe to put a second pair in (I use dailies)

i.e
    Wear one pair from 7am-4pm
    Take them out and let my eyes rest whilst at home.
    Wear a second pair from 6pm-11pm

Does anyone do this and is it safe for my eyes?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I do this, and I've never had any problems. I should imagine that it's better for your eyes to change them rather than leave the same pair in for so long

If your still worried, ask your optician, but I don't see why it would be a problem.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use monthlies, so I wouldn't know if you should use a new pair, but with mine I'm always fine. Generally I won't even take them out. I would take glasses just in case, my eyes sometimes get gritty and uncomfortable if I've kept my contacts in too long. It doesn't often happen, but better to be safe than sorry.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It won't harm you at all - people wear them all day, so why would it even be an issue?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it's fine, I wear dailies and can keep them in for 12-16 hours with no problems. If your eyes feel dry or uncomfortable you can always take them out, or you can buy a dry eyes solution for contact lenses from boots which can help. If your eyes feel dry just put a few drops in and it relieves them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what i do is just take the contact out and add abit of solution and pop it back in my eye if my eyes feel dry, not sure if its the best thing to do but it works for me!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't think it'd cause any problems
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
    It won't harm you at all - people wear them all day, so why would it even be an issue?
    I thought it's recommended you don't wear them more than 8 hours a day? That's why it might be a problem I suppose.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    I thought it's recommended you don't wear them more than 8 hours a day? That's why it might be a problem I suppose.
    Depends on the type of lenses you have. I think you can wear dailies for basically as long as it's comfortable (as long as you don't sleep in them or re-use)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifex)
    Yeah I think it's fine, I wear dailies and can keep them in for 12-16 hours with no problems. If your eyes feel dry or uncomfortable you can always take them out, or you can buy a dry eyes solution for contact lenses from boots which can help. If your eyes feel dry just put a few drops in and it relieves them.
    Which brand of lenses do you use... I use acuvue trueye daily disposables and after the 8 hour mark they start irritating my eyes and my eyes become red what do you wear?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not recommended, because dailies are not as robust as reusable lenses. But it won't do much harm wearing them twice assuming that you place them safely in a sterile case with solution.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19Arif91)
    Which brand of lenses do you use... I use acuvue trueye daily disposables and after the 8 hour mark they start irritating my eyes and my eyes become red what do you wear?

I use ciba vision dailies but it depends on your eyes really, not the type of lenses you wear. Some people can keep dailies in for longer than others. I also use contact lense eye drops from boots if it starts to feel dry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifex)
    I use ciba vision dailies but it depends on your eyes really, not the type of lenses you wear. Some people can keep dailies in for longer than others. I also use contact lense eye drops from boots if it starts to feel dry.
    I also use eye drops to rewet the eyes if it gets dry I use blink eye drops what about you?

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=19Arif91;38855633]I also use eye drops to rewet the eyes if it gets dry I use blink eye drops what about you? Do you use air optix aqua dailies or monthlies i need some advice on getting lenses so far I've tried two brands acuvue and frequency 55 and neither have done the trick... So I'm looking to invest and really take good care of my eyes... Which one would you recommend dailies or monthlies of air optix aqua and what eye drops do you use to rewet the eyes if it gets the dry... I'm asking you all this cos you seem like a person who knows what they're talking about when it comes to contact lenses... I hate it when I remove my contacts and my eyes get red automatically or after like 8 hours my get red and dry and irritating... Bloodshot eyes lol... It's not a very good sight trust me... I want my sclera to be as white as white lol thanks for your help btw

• 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't be a problem i wear monthly for 16 hours a day...

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CosmicVengeance)
    Shouldn't be a problem i wear monthly for 16 hours a day...

Which ones do you wear

• 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19Arif91)
    Which ones do you wear

Its in the answer lol "Monthly" only £8 a month

• 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    My eyes never get dried up after 16h of wearing them (you just need to make sure you blink normally which keeps them smooth)

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hapiness-)
    I usually wear contact lenses for about 8-10 hours a day, but if I am going out in the evening after college would it be safe to put a second pair in (I use dailies)

i.e
    Wear one pair from 7am-4pm
    Take them out and let my eyes rest whilst at home.
    Wear a second pair from 6pm-11pm

Does anyone do this and is it safe for my eyes?
    If you plan to do this then switch to monthlies using two pairs of contacts a day is a waste of money. Also because you are wearing them longer then monthlys would be more comfortable. I had dailies for a year and a half and then had to switch because of expense and i was really surpriced to find that monthlies were more confortable. And i would like to add i didnt have cheap dailies either i had the ciba vision dailies aquacomfort plus.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I use acuvue moist 1-day and they are brilliant but by night I remove them and I'm left with a lot of bacteria and protein left in my eyes with which I go to sleep... Are there any drops to disinfect the eyes after a gruelling day of contacts some advice I just want to refresh my eyes readying them for the next day if u knw wot I mean lol

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 10, 2012
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.