The Student Room Group

AQA- Maths statistics 1b

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Lehal
cool.. and btw, for the new mean question.. i think you had to do.. 280 x (your mean calculated from previous question) divided by 175.. it has been in a past paper i think..

Yeah that makes a lot more sense than what I did... I just added 280 to the table in my calculator, with a frequency of 1. And then calculated a new mean, maybe they will have a range in which the mean can lie in?
Reply 61
Original post by HappyBun
Yeah that makes a lot more sense than what I did... I just added 280 to the table in my calculator, with a frequency of 1. And then calculated a new mean, maybe they will have a range in which the mean can lie in?

I did this too....i thought it was right coz all you were doing is having more letters in the same time perios got like 23 point summin and so did a lot of ppl at my school...i reckon you are right!! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by kitkat19

I did this too....i thought it was right coz all you were doing is having more letters in the same time perios got like 23 point summin and so did a lot of ppl at my school...i reckon you are right!! :smile:

Ahh that has made me feel so much better! Thank you :smile:
Reply 63
Ahh that has made me feel so much better! Thank you :smile:

awww its okay....im sure youve smashed S1 !!! Am so worried about my core 2 grade...did C2 go well for you?
Reply 64
damn, i worked out the total amount of letter received over the 175 days... got somefin like over 4000 :frown: how mnay marks was it??
Reply 65
Original post by kitkat19
awww its okay....im sure youve smashed S1 !!! Am so worried about my core 2 grade...did C2 go well for you?

I did C2 last year, my school does C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, M1
I heard the log question was horrible, but hopefully they reduce the grade boundaries? For us it was something crazy like 53/75 for an A so they could do the same? :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by cobra2k10
damn, i worked out the total amount of letter received over the 175 days... got somefin like over 4000 :frown: how mnay marks was it??

It was only 2 marks :smile:
Reply 67

Yeah, I did something similar aswell. Did sum of X in my calculator (something like 3000+, cant remember) then added 280 and divided by 175+1!!

I hope that was right!!! Since many of yous done something similar.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Taylor_R
Wassup brah's and gangas, im doin this exam too. Got, C2,C4,D1,S1,FP2,FP3,FP4 all this summer.

I win C1 FP1 FP2 FP3 FP4 S1 S2 M2
Reply 69
I put for the one where we had to comment on two claims that, the new standard deviation was 4.14, and that this was similar to the other standard deviation so it was valid about it being random. And I put that the means were extremely similar so that the first claim was also valid. I think it will be based on whatever you think as long as it is justified.

ah i just wrote that the standard deviation was small :s-smilie:
Reply 70
Anyone got the paper?
Reply 71
what did you guys get in this exam?
Original post by Lehal

87 :s

You?
Reply 73
Original post by Lehal