The Student Room Group

AQA- Maths statistics 1b

Hey everyone, was just wondering if anyone is doing this exam on Friday 18th May? I can't seem to understand it all! Keep getting D's in past papers! :frown: Can anyone please help me? Tips, advice, sites or anything, i've given up on it to be honest. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by gurjitsingh
Hey everyone, was just wondering if anyone is doing this exam on Friday 18th May? I can't seem to understand it all! Keep getting D's in past papers! :frown: Can anyone please help me? Tips, advice, sites or anything, i've given up on it to be honest. :frown:

I'm doing it. To be honest, if you're getting D's at this stage, I'd probably advise you to let it go and concentrate on your other exams.

If you worked hard (a few more past-papers) you could probably knock yourself up to a C. I guess it depends on how many other exams you have?

If there is something in particular that you are stuck on, I would be happy to help.

Good luck for the exam.
Reply 2
Original post by Sagacious
I'm doing it. To be honest, if you're getting D's at this stage, I'd probably advise you to let it go and concentrate on your other exams.

If you worked hard (a few more past-papers) you could probably knock yourself up to a C. I guess it depends on how many other exams you have?

If there is something in particular that you are stuck on, I would be happy to help.

Good luck for the exam.

Hey buddy I was thinking about it and I do agree with you tbh, C is the max I could get (realistically) Well I've got Core 1,2 and 4, Stats and descision :/ whats your advice? do you wanna know my marks?
Don't listen to him. Go in with confidence and you'll give yourself a fighting chance.
Reply 4
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Don't listen to him. Go in with confidence and you'll give yourself a fighting chance.

Thanks I really do appreciate it!:frown: But I'm so negative tbh, and im a positive guy! People find it easy and stuff, its just me, im not competent at it
Reply 5
Sitting this also. I wouldn't give up just yet, you still have a good few days to go. Maybe try concentrating on certain bits you feel stronger on and focus on getting full marks in them rather than trying to go over everything?
Reply 6
Original post by AmyLH
Sitting this also. I wouldn't give up just yet, you still have a good few days to go. Maybe try concentrating on certain bits you feel stronger on and focus on getting full marks in them rather than trying to go over everything?

ohh your sitting it too? How do you feel about it? and thats a brilliant idea tbh!
Thanks I really do appreciate it!:frown: But I'm so negative tbh, and im a positive guy! People find it easy and stuff, its just me, im not competent at it

'You can act like a man!'

Reply 8
ohh your sitting it too? How do you feel about it? and thats a brilliant idea tbh!

Yup. I feeling pretty confident tbh, done all the past papers now and so just doing random questions from the textbook on my weaker topics - bloody probability :grumble:
Reply 9
Original post by RamocitoMorales
'You can act like a man!'

Hahahaa!! Brilliant. Confidence is key then?
Reply 10
waheeey!! Lucky you! aha what grades you get and stuff?
Hey buddy I was thinking about it and I do agree with you tbh, C is the max I could get (realistically) Well I've got Core 1,2 and 4, Stats and descision :/ whats your advice? do you wanna know my marks?

Ahh, so you have a lot, like me (I have C2, C3, C4, D1, M1 and S1).

Obviously, in an ideal world, it would be nice to do well in them all. However, if you feel that S1 has just gone over your head, it may be better to put the extra time into D1 and the other modules (doing good in them will make your S1 less significant).

It's up to you, I'm unsure on your capabilities and confidence.
Reply 12
Ahh, so you have a lot, like me (I have C2, C3, C4, D1, M1 and S1).

Obviously, in an ideal world, it would be nice to do well in them all. However, if you feel that S1 has just gone over your head, it may be better to put the extra time into D1 and the other modules (doing good in them will make your S1 less significant).

It's up to you, I'm unsure on your capabilities and confidence.

Good lord!!! How come you have 3 optional modues? (S1, M1 and d1) And your right ! I suppose if I strengthen others, then s1 wont matter much, how do you find it? doing that many maths exams? what grade you after overall? What grades you on atm
Good lord!!! How come you have 3 optional modues? (S1, M1 and d1) And your right ! I suppose if I strengthen others, then s1 wont matter much, how do you find it? doing that many maths exams? what grade you after overall? What grades you on atm

I do Further Maths, so I sit 7 modules in the 1st year and 5 (harder) modules in the 2nd year. I was ill for some of the Jan exams, so I'm doing them now. I just started revision very early in order to prepare for the mass amount (I have 10 exams altogether)

I enjoy all the applied modules, but I also love pure maths. I'm extremely confident and I would love an A* (I want to go Warwick/Cambridge). Although, I make a ton of silly mistakes...

Btw, if you aren't aware already, check examsolutions.com it is a great website.
Reply 14
I do Further Maths, so I sit 7 modules in the 1st year and 5 (harder) modules in the 2nd year. I was ill for some of the Jan exams, so I'm doing them now. I just started revision very early in order to prepare for the mass amount (I have 10 exams altogether)

I enjoy all the applied modules, but I also love pure maths. I'm extremely confident and I would love an A* (I want to go Warwick/Cambridge). Although, I make a ton of silly mistakes...

Btw, if you aren't aware already, check examsolutions.com it is a great website.

Wow you are truly an inspiration! I do hope you get your A* and thanks for the site, I do use it and he's brilliant! Best of luck eh
Reply 15
Wassup brah's and gangas, im doin this exam too. Got, C2,C4,D1,S1,FP2,FP3,FP4 all this summer.
Reply 16
I reckon this exam will go well depending on the probability questions!
What did everyone think?
I made some ridiculous mistaks today, I'm honestly gutted, I was hoping that S1 was going to bump up my bad C2 grade :/
Original post by BellyButton
I made some ridiculous mistaks today, I'm honestly gutted, I was hoping that S1 was going to bump up my bad C2 grade :/

Least it wasn't as hard as C2!!!

Quick Reply

Latest