The Student Room Group
China is reminded that the utmost care must be taken when the ending of lives is the issue. Safeguards that would beggar belief in any other area ought to be the norm in this one.

As SG I probably can't express my own views on the subject without compromising my position, but I think it is allowable for me to applaud the bravery of this decision by China.

Alarming title, though.
Reply 2
The Republic of Sierra Leone condemns China for the action regarding euthanasia. It is not the will of God for people to choose when they die.
Reply 3
Agent Smith
China is reminded that the utmost care must be taken when the ending of lives is the issue. Safeguards that would beggar belief in any other area ought to be the norm in this one.

As SG I probably can't express my own views on the subject without compromising my position, but I think it is allowable for me to applaud the bravery of this decision by China.

Alarming title, though.

That is what the Chinese advisor to the government has called it.

brimstone1
The Republic of Sierra Leone condemns China for the action regarding euthanasia. It is not the will of God for people to choose when they die.

China is an officially Atheist state, and so does not let the rights and decisions of the people be hindered by the possibility of a God.
Reply 4
Agent Smith

That is why we are being very careful before we make anything legislation-like. We are hoping our doctors will start to research and experiment to decide the safest way to get round it.
Reply 5
Serbia will not legalise euthanasia.
Reply 6
Our 1993 law "Health Care of Russian Citizens" strictly prohibits the practice of euthanasia in Russia. However, bona fide mercy-killing cases are usually ignored.
Reply 7
Singapore believes that this issue does not warrant UN intervention or discussion. If anything, independant NGOs and human rights groups should be lobbying the Chinese government to promote their own cause.
Reply 8
Within South Korea there have made some steps as doctors have backed a 'passive euthanasia' stance. This is actually the first time the Korean Medical Association, which represents around 70,000 doctors, has issued an ethical manual. However the issue is widely debated in South Korea as the Korean National Council of Churches were quick to say "No third person should be given the possibility to legally kill another human being.''

The South Korean Government do not approve of the Korean Medical Association's stance as;"the ethics code would be against South Korea's criminal law," and believes "It is too early for South Korea to launch a debate on assisted suicide''.
Reply 9
Singapore believes that this issue does not warrant UN intervention or discussion. If anything, independant NGOs and human rights groups should be lobbying the Chinese government to promote their own cause.

Germany reiterates Singapore's comment.
Reply 10
Euthanasia is wrong, and Lithuania will not be allowing it. We feel that the elderly and the terminally ill shouldn't be pressured into ending their own lives. Lithuania is of the opinion that China has allowed euthanaisa to "solve it's population problem"
Reply 11
Actually, euthanasia is acceptable and practised in Lithuania.

Latest

Trending

Trending