Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

need quick guidance/opnion/advice from fellow post graduate colleagues MA/MRes IR

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    Just need a quick attention of the fellow colleagues studying MA/MRes International relations. I have finish my post graduate studies in Sep 2011. However, i couldnt continue with my post graduate studies due to the sudden death of me mom & dad.
    I recently applied for the MA/MRes International relations programme at Keele University and University of Kent. I want to to start my post graduate studies in coming Sep 2012. I have got offered from both university even i passed with over all 2:2 56.8% in BA(Hons) Criminology and Sociology.
    I would like to have the guidance/ opnion/advice of post graduate colleagues who are taking their majors in International relations about which university will be the best mean Kent or Keele as I have made my intentions that after post graduate studies i will continue with my Phd. if you think any other university is better than kent or keele for this programme but please keep in mind the over all grade 2:2 56.8%.
    Many thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think at that level it doesn't really matter too much. If you were trying to decide between like St Andrews/LSE or UCL/Oxford obviously it would make a difference, but outside of top schools I think your career prospects and success will mostly depend on what kind of work experience you get and what you do afterwards.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well thanks for your opnion@aftrglw. really appreciate it.
    However, i currently had my internship for six month woth the Foreign ministry and possibly if God wills i am looking forward to work in the one of the Foreign ministry of Afghansitan in USA, Germany or may be here in UK. ps i also had work experience for two years wit the Narcotics department so i guess its bit hard to choose kent or keele as I am not interested in ST Andrews/LSE/UCL/Oxford

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 14, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.