The Student Room Group

Chemistry Unit 2 Edexcel, Exam- 23rd May 2012

Hey guys ! :smile:

Couldn't find a thread, so thought I'd go ahead and make one...

... so how is preparation for this exam going at the moment?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey bro. I don't have time to prepare right now, I have Chemistry 1, C1, M1, Physics 1 and Economics 1 all this week. Sigh.
In fact I haven't touched Unit 2 in about a month now :/
Reply 2
Original post by Tizoxic
Hey bro. I don't have time to prepare right now, I have Chemistry 1, C1, M1, Physics 1 and Economics 1 all this week. Sigh.
In fact I haven't touched Unit 2 in about a month now :/

Well same here really ! ... I've only been preparing for my M1 & Physics exam I've got this week. I'm just hoping within 5 days I can learn everything I need to know for the Chem exam, I have C2 the next day also :/
Reply 3
I'm just like you guys ...... I have C2, S1, biology (unit 2), chemistry and french :/
Chemistry isn't very hard but some of the chapters are kinda long ( especially 5 and 8 )!!!
how are the rest doing ??
Reply 4
I dont mind the Chemistry its a bit hard but do able ... ya i agree its chapters 5 and 8 that have to done properly... i have S1 , and Unit 2 for bio, chem and physics ......... i am so doomed .. and in a month i have C4 ... the horror

I don;t understand chapters 3 its really complicated .. however it is one of the easy chapter that being said by my teacher
I struggled with equilibria at first, but I had someone explain it to me properly 1 to 1 and now it's soo easy.

The groups are a pain in the Argon-Selenium :tongue: to learn especially when a trend goes in the opposite direction for two of the groups :argh:

The reaction mechanisms aren't much better though :sigh:
Reply 6
Titrations is a killer... After todays Chem Unit 1 Exam... my confidence is knocked
Reply 7
Hey guys do you think I should revise using the edexcel book ? or use the cgp on its own?
Reply 8
Original post by 007Shella
Titrations is a killer... After todays Chem Unit 1 Exam... my confidence is knocked

how was unit one ??? was it really hard??
Original post by Cyber123
Hey guys do you think I should revise using the edexcel book ? or use the cgp on its own?

I'd use revision guides but if there's something you get really stuck on/can't remember doing in lessons, then go back to the textbook for the extra detail :h:

BUT, I think there's a mistake in the CGP book! I think it has the strength order of some of the forces the wrong way round :dontknow: someone had it in a lesson and the teacher saw it and said it was wrong, but I can't remember which ones. Possibly London forces/ permanent dipoles the wrong way round.
Reply 10
Original post by Clare~Bear
I'd use revision guides but if there's something you get really stuck on/can't remember doing in lessons, then go back to the textbook for the extra detail :h:

BUT, I think there's a mistake in the CGP book! I think it has the strength order of some of the forces the wrong way round :dontknow: someone had it in a lesson and the teacher saw it and said it was wrong, but I can't remember which ones. Possibly London forces/ permanent dipoles the wrong way round.

Thank you, I guess I'll use both just to stay on the safe side. Good Luck :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by avipsita
how was unit one ??? was it really hard??

I just did A LOT of stupid mistakes.... because I didn't sleep all night
But i found it difficult... fingers crossed the grade boundaries are low
I just hate unit 2! Really nervous about it since i found Unit3B and unit 1 a little tricky :frown:
Anyone else did unit 1 yday??
I did unit 1 yesterday and i found it really difficult. :frown:
Reply 14
I thought unit 1 was okay... but I have a really bad feeling for unit 2 :s
Reply 15
Original post by Clare~Bear

I don't think so.. permanent dipole-dipole are definitely stronger than london forces
Reply 16
Anyone has notes for this unit?
Reply 17
SO many reactions to learn.... such little time!! :frown:
the thiosulfate titrations and whatnot is a KILLER! :'( plus the whole writing full redox equations. im so worried about this exam, i need an A cos this is my second year round doing AS chemistry -__-
Reply 19
Original post by ChooChooCherry
the thiosulfate titrations and whatnot is a KILLER! :'( plus the whole writing full redox equations. im so worried about this exam, i need an A cos this is my second year round doing AS chemistry -__-

I absolutely HATE redox reactions... I'm so scared for this exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending