The Student Room Group

Chemistry Unit 2 Edexcel, Exam- 23rd May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Feeling more confident now got some good past paper marks, everything is falling into place :smile:
Hopefully we don't get a similar paper to the June 11 paper, that one was SOLID! All the other ones are much better

Out of the 7 papers, the 2 hardest have been the last 2; June 11 and Jan 12
Reply 1062
Original post by tictac103
whats the test for alcohols? is it PCl5? n what do we observe???

you'll uses PCL5 to see if the OH is present
if it is it when reacted it would produce steamy fumes of HCL(g) which would turn blue litmus paper red
Reply 1063
Original post by The Doggfather
Hopefully we don't get a similar paper to the June 11 paper, that one was SOLID! All the other ones are much better

Yh fingers crossed. on of the teachers said to me apparently unit2 June paper is always harder ?
Original post by fiza_1
Yh fingers crossed. on of the teachers said to me apparently unit2 June paper is always harder ?

I thought the jan paper would be harder as majority of 7th years that are repeating would be sitting it...:confused:
Original post by fiza_1
you'll uses pcl5 to see if the oh is present
if it is it when reacted it would produce steamy fumes of hcl(g) which would turn blue litmus paper red

thankyou x!
Original post by xxsreillyxx
I thought the jan paper would be harder as majority of 7th years that are repeating would be sitting it...:confused:

yeah jan papers for all exams are usually harder
Reply 1067
Original post by xxsreillyxx

thats what i thought as well
Original post by EffKayy
kthanks
wish me good luck..dammn!!!!!!! NOW k.

Gooooood luck !!!
ahhh so scared!!!, we'll all be fine! we've all revised so just try and walk in to the exam calm and try ur best we all should be fine, good luck everyone!!:smile:
Original post by The Doggfather

I think it's the opposite !
Jan / June 09 were worse I think!!
Original post by Future Medics
I think it's the opposite !
Jan / June 09 were worse I think!!

Those two were abit difficult but they had low grade boundaries anyway innit
2010 papers were sooooooo easy
Hey guys quick question. You know for a carboxylic acid, theres a broad peak? Well whats the difference between a peak and a broad peak? Im always unsure if its a carboxylic acid or an alcohol. THANK YOUUU
Just did June 2011 and got 54 :eek:
What did everyone else get in that paper =[?
Reply 1074
Original post by fiza_1
jan 2012 :

Thank you!! Oh! And good luck :smile: xo
Original post by Blob2491
Just did June 2011 and got 54 :eek:
What did everyone else get in that paper =[?

i got the same yday, according to the examiners report its 5 marks from an A
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by tictac103
i got the same yday, according to the examiners report its 2 marks from an A

:frown:
Original post by HamzahK21
Hey guys quick question. You know for a carboxylic acid, theres a broad peak? Well whats the difference between a peak and a broad peak? Im always unsure if its a carboxylic acid or an alcohol. THANK YOUUU

It will tell you - Don't worry
Original post by Blob2491
:frown:

58 was an A actually.
So you got a B =)
Original post by HamzahK21

a broad peak is a large peak as in the distance its thicker and a peak is just the height of it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending