The Student Room Group

Chemistry Unit 2 Edexcel, Exam- 23rd May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Future Medics
0.8/10 ...

meh nevermind, i just saw the answer on the other page now, even though i thought you also had to work the percentage error of each equipment first and then add them up....oh well
What are you guys getting in past papers?!
Original post by Blob2491

70% - 85% :smile:

Time to start revising I think after the tragic Biology disaster.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by HarryMWilliams

How is this possible!? :frown:
How is this possible!? :frown:

A complete and utter lack of a social life. :tongue:

In my case at least!
(edited 11 years ago)
A complete and utter lack of a social life. :tongue:

In my case at least!

Haha, at least you're getting good results =]
Any tips?
Reply 106

18/80 :/ I'm really struggling with this unit
Reply 107
what are the different bonds actually called because my teacher always used to say a really long winded instantaneous-induced etc.
is it just London forces, permanent dipole (or dipole-dipole interactions) and hydrogen bonds?
Reply 108
Does anyone have any good resources that could help me understand that iodine thiosulfate Titration stuff ? :frown: Or if someone can explain it to me in brief, if possible... I would be really grateful
I mean why is this so complicated compared to the acid + base ones :frown:
Haha, at least you're getting good results =]
Any tips?

Look at the questions logically, before you attempt to apply a years worth of AS Level chemistry to a question, think is it logical to do it this way?

That usually helps me. :smile:
Reply 110
Is 2 days enough for me to learn all of Unit 2 if i havent looked at it before?
Original post by Opsimath
Is 2 days enough for me to learn all of Unit 2 if i havent looked at it before?

In my opinion, no you need time to learn the matieral but more importantly allow it to simmer and slowly ingrain in the old brain. But good luck with it if you do try!
I've been looking through this thread and saw people mention Sn1 and Sn2 reactions? I've never even heard of these, could someone possibly explain them to me please?
Reply 113
Does anyone have any good resources that could help me understand that iodine thiosulfate Titration stuff ? :frown: Or if someone can explain it to me in brief, if possible... I would be really grateful
I mean why is this so complicated compared to the acid + base ones :frown:
Original post by Arusa01
Well good luck :smile:

and how is your revision going?
Reply 115
Original post by UserInvalid
and how is your revision going?

Quite good covered mostly everything, need to go over past papers again. Hope it's a good paper :biggrin:
Reply 116
can any1 create a checklist for the main important things must b learned for the exam..
Reply 117

why wht happened??
Original post by avipsita
why wht happened??

Just a rubbish exam to be honest, about 1/4 of the syllabus was on the test and well it wasn't well worded either.

For anyone having problems with the concepts of Redox reactions take a look at: http://www.khanacademy.org/science/chemistry/v/redox-reactions :smile:
Reply 119
Original post by LeaX
I've been looking through this thread and saw people mention Sn1 and Sn2 reactions? I've never even heard of these, could someone possibly explain them to me please?

Sn1 reactions are to do with tertiary halogenoalkanes being converted to alcohol
and SN2 reactions are to do with primary halogenoalkanes being reflux with the hydroxide ion to produce alcohol and halogen ions
for sn2 reactions the rate of reaction depends upon the concentration of both the halogenoalkane and the hydroxide ions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending