The Student Room Group

feel hopeless

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivancampo
It just worries me that most people i talk to seem to have met their wife/husband at school or university but from what i've seen of university it would be fairly difficult for me to find a girl through here and what if the job i do when i'm older doesn't even involve any women, i just can't see how i'd meet anyone.

I would ignore those people until they've been together for a significant length of time. A lot of relationships end after university and school as people enter the working world and move around. And even then they'll probably be divorced and remarried by the time they're middle age.

As for the last bit, you're being ridiculous. Get a grip.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
i know i sound ridiculous and if i saw someone else saying what i am, i'd be thinking 'get a grip' too but actually being in this position at the minute feels awful.

I think i'm having some kind of quarter life crisis. i'd never really thought about how people met their spouses but it seems a majority met at school/uni i'm just quite interested in how people actually meet their partners.

My parents tell me i'm being stupid as my Dad met my Mum at work when he was 28 and he says it will just happen naturally but i just over think massively and get myself down.
Original post by ivancampo
basically me and my girlfriend are in the process of breaking up as we are constantly arguing and her flirting with other guys is becoming too much for me to handle. This was my first serious relationship, seeing each other for 10 months and going out for 6, and i'm currently feeling really downhearted and worrying that i'll end up alone as when I was single before this relationship I talked to very few girls and I'm useless at 'pulling' on nights out.

I'm 19 (20 in November) and although i know i'm still young, i feel as though i'm starting to mature and want to find a girl and settle down like everyone else at some point. I live in a small village when home from university, where there are few people in total, never mind an array of girls to meet, and I don't have a car to go to other places so rely upon my friends for lifts. All of my good friends are in relationships with girls they've been with for a year or 2 and their relationships seem to be running smoothly, which makes me jealous and regretful that mine didn't turn out the same.

When I read up on how most people met their future spouses, it seems that a majority of them were at school or university and i can't see this being the case with me as bar this relationship i wasn't romantically involved with anyone at my school/6th form. I'm changing University courses next year and having a fresh start due to hating my course this year, however this year i've literally talked to no girls so i can't see how i'll find anyone through here either.

Anyone else ever felt like this after a breakup and worried that they're going to be alone forever? what makes it worse is that my girlfriend is very attractive and has already had boys trying to hook up with her even when she was with me so she's going to inevitably move on really quickly which is probably going to leave me feeling even worse and alone :frown:

I'm 29 and never had a relationship. I've had about 6 dates...you need to do what I did and go on the dating websites, freedating for example...just try and go on dates and get used to meeting people.

I need to take my own advice too, I feel that I need to go to a club but I don't know, I haven't really been out in the UK since about 2005
Reply 23
i'd like to think that in the next 10 years before i'm 29 i'll get involved in another relationship some where down the line but it's far from guaranteed.

Do you have no friends with girlfriends who could hook you up with any of their single friends? at 29 what is the best way to meet women? it seems most people meet their spouse through work somehow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending