The Student Room Group

Chemistry Unit 6B [6CH08][Edexcel][International Candidates][22.05.2012]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
yes we need tooooooooo!!
Original post by iesians
do we need to know the diagrams for steam distillation and BOILING point detrmination ..?!?!??!!?*freaking out about to die*

I havnt done diagram for steam distillation but I have for boiling point..you can follow my steps:L
Reply 142
Original post by sumzy101
na not yet but i did plan to..the CGP guide has covered that part up pretty good!

OHH EM EF !!!! i dont have CGP ! *someone kill me*
yes we need tooooooooo!!

Are you sure wee need to knwo steamm=? :hmmmm:_
Reply 144
Original post by razmazterz
I havnt done diagram for steam distillation but I have for boiling point..you can follow my steps:L

ok please temme for BOILING THINGY ...?! im literally panting right now !
Reply 145
TELL ME ABOUT IT!!

And theres a chrimium on also really weird.. Luckily a friend in my class drew my a diagram and I memorised that and know I know itt

ohh share the diagram.. i am awful at remembering colours and stuff... :/ please help me with how to memorise them ..
Reply 146
i dont have CGP either. Is there a way that we can find the pdf of CGP chemistry A2 book?
Reply 147
Original post by demdil
i dont have CGP either. Is there a way that we can find the pdf of CGP chemistry A2 book?

honey there isnt much time to go through an entire book !!

but i found a very good diagram here :-

http://faculty.coloradomtn.edu/jeschofnig/class/class_jeschof/ch1-lb10.htm
Reply 148
Are you sure wee need to knwo steamm=? :hmmmm:_

yes yes we need to..i read it somewhere i cnt recall where..
Original post by iesians
ok please temme for BOILING THINGY ...?! im literally panting right now !

Beaker of water, need a heat source.
Have an ignition tube(drawn like a test tube) inside the ingition tube the liquid that you want to boil. Put th ignition in tube in beaker of hot water. A thermometer is placed in the beaker of water. A small thin cappliry tube is placed in the ingition tube(REMEBER THE OPEN END FACING DOWNARDS) when you see contious bubbles record temperatrue. Stop heating, let it cool and then when bubbles stop from ingition tube record T(tempertarue). Take the average of the two T's and you get its boiling T!

If anything is unclear just qoute me:P
Reply 150
if u wud have it u wudn't really have tog o thru the whole book! there r proper 6b stuff there :biggrin:
Reply 151
Beaker of water, need a heat source.
Have an ignition tube(drawn like a test tube) inside the ingition tube the liquid that you want to boil. Put th ignition in tube in beaker of hot water. A thermometer is placed in the beaker of water. A small thin cappliry tube is placed in the ingition tube(REMEBER THE OPEN END FACING DOWNARDS) when you see contious bubbles record temperatrue. Stop heating, let it cool and then when bubbles stop from ingition tube record T(tempertarue). Take the average of the two T's and you get its boiling T!

If anything is unclear just qoute me:P

WHHHHHHHHAT ?! :tongue: we take two temperatures ?? one after cooling ? wouldnt that be lower ..?!?! i dont geh it !
^^^^How was my explanation for helpp I should get an AWARD!!!!!!!haahaha
I am good personn..right people Im signing off goood luckk!)
Original post by iesians
WHHHHHHHHAT ?! :tongue: we take two temperatures ?? one after cooling ? wouldnt that be lower ..?!?! i dont geh it !

When it cool the bubbles stop that should be the corresponding boiling T--it says in Facer so I have memorises it..doing this reduces some experimetal uncertainities.:L
for epic unit 6 stuff
donwload the file one of the people posted here
early
its **** big
350 mb

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0SEK2kXydVbek9GdmlnRlBBdEU/edit?pli=1
buts its the secret to getting A
Reply 155
if u wud have it u wudn't really have tog o thru the whole book! there r proper 6b stuff there :biggrin:

i have the SNAB rev guide , and it kinda has a stuff ! anyway i dont feel like studying anymore !! AH ZAYN! :tongue:
Reply 156
i read everyone is panicking alot!
dont people... i would suggest you all go through the last chapter from the george facer textbook.. there are examples of organic synthesis.. it would really broaden your minds..
I'm scared thooo :frown:
Reply 157
^^^^How was my explanation for helpp I should get an AWARD!!!!!!!haahaha
I am good personn..right people Im signing off goood luckk!)

LOL yes you do ! LOVE YA BESTAA LUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Reply 158
Original post by aqua05
dont people... i would suggest you all go through the last chapter from the george facer textbook.. there are examples of organic synthesis.. it would really broaden your minds..

i dont have that book ! im feeling like killing myself
Original post by aqua05

i dont have the george facer text book..still hoping someone could plz post a link or and attachment for the books..need them desperately :frown::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending