The Student Room Group

iGCSE EDEXCEL PHYSICS DISCUSSION 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by *Mariya*
what did you guys write for the last answer?-the question was to do with acceleration

i put 1) the gradient or the steepness could've increased and 2) the condition of the road could have been bad
Reply 241
Original post by Relaxedexams
I think it should be :

24h = 78W
86400s = 78W
1s = (78/86400)W
10s = (78/86400)*10

But i didnt do that :frown:

I just used the equation: power=energy/time
Probably wrong cuz it is not worth 3 marks IMO

oh my god-i actually got that answer but then i thought its wrong so i just used the equation E=P*t

so i did 78*10
and wrote 780 as my final answer
what did you guys write for the last answer?-the question was to do with acceleration

Well 1 opposing force was getting larger. That meant that air resistance was increaseing (as speed increases) and friction increases (track is not smooth)
Thats what I wrote
oh my god-i actually got that answer but then i thought its wrong so i just used the equation E=P*t

so i did 78*10
and wrote 780 as my final answer

Oh *******!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 244
So 0.009J may be correct??
Reply 245
Original post by Relaxedexams
You had to find the energy given by the fuel cells using the equation : Energy=power * time

The GPE of the plane was 6000000 J, the energy that was calculated was less than that, therefore an extra power source was needed by the plane in order to meet the energy demand.

i did something really stupid and like worked out the energy transferred by minusing the kinetic energy from the GPE or something :frown: ah idk i'm guessing that's not right haha
Reply 246
what did you guys put for the gas dissolving in the cream, what would happen to it once its released?
Reply 247
Also for the line of best fit did you all just join up all the points? I didn't do that because the gap between the 1st one and 2nd one wasn't the same so the curve was weird :s-smilie:
Nononooo :frown: I made some stupid mistakes by not reading that properly. Ahhh. And I probably lost some elsewhere too. Annoying. Now i'm going to have to get like 100% on the paper 2 hahaha. :frown:

Original post by edex123
what did you guys put for the gas dissolving in the cream, what would happen to it once its released?

It bubbles off. Just like normal carbonated soft drink bottles
Reply 250
Original post by Graceyfave
Nononooo :frown: I made some stupid mistakes by not reading that properly. Ahhh. And I probably lost some elsewhere too. Annoying. Now i'm going to have to get like 100% on the paper 2 hahaha. :frown:

Same here! Lost about 15 marks, that I know of, so far! Do you think this paper was easy? Seems that most people liked it, regardless of silly mistakes, so the boundaries might be high :frown:
Reply 251
I got 0.009! But i divided 78 by 24 then by 60 then by 60 again to find energy per second then times by 10 to get 10 secidns haha, i was desperate!

Please please please can someone put the paper up as soon as they get it?
Reply 252
Original post by KateMcM
I got 0.009! But i divided 78 by 24 then by 60 then by 60 again to find energy per second then times by 10 to get 10 secidns haha, i was desperate!

Please please please can someone put the paper up as soon as they get it?

I did that too! It didn't look right though but hopefully it is!
Original post by Coco406
Same here! Lost about 15 marks, that I know of, so far! Do you think this paper was easy? Seems that most people liked it, regardless of silly mistakes, so the boundaries might be high :frown:

It wasn't hard per se, but I was just making really silly mistakes. Like not reading questions right etc. I mean hopefully for recognising the formula I'll get at least 1 mark. But yeah. I lost a crazy amount of marks through stupidity and I'm usually good at physics! But just try your best in paper 2. Just read carefully! That's why I'm going to have to do!

Reply 254
Original post by Graceyfave
It wasn't hard per se, but I was just making really silly mistakes. Like not reading questions right etc. I mean hopefully for recognising the formula I'll get at least 1 mark. But yeah. I lost a crazy amount of marks through stupidity and I'm usually good at physics! But just try your best in paper 2. Just read carefully! That's why I'm going to have to do!

I'd say 75% of my mistakes were from not reading the question properly! So annoying! I found the paper really long and didn't have much time to read! so hopefully next Wednesday it'll be way better :smile:
Reply 255
I found the paper easy but i think i wud have made a few mistakes...The coins and pressure question woud have costed me some marks!
Original post by NilFBosh
The coins and pressure question woud have costed me some marks!

The area for each coin was the total surface area (area of both the sides) or are of one side. If it was for both head and tails should we halve the area?
Normally *hard* questions is supposed to come at the end...
I'm just hoping my silly mistakes don't cost me my a* :frown:

Reply 258
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
The area for each coin was the total surface area (area of both the sides) or are of one side. If it was for both head and tails should we halve the area?
Normally *hard* questions is supposed to come at the end...

yeah, but in the third part of the question whats was the effect on the pressure? I put pressure decreases as force decreases and as area increases...Am i right?
Reply 259
Original post by NilFBosh
yeah, but in the third part of the question whats was the effect on the pressure? I put pressure decreases as force decreases and as area increases...Am i right?

Force stays the same surely?
I said pressure decreases because force stays the same but area increases, and p=F/A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending