The Student Room Group

iGCSE EDEXCEL PHYSICS DISCUSSION 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by sahajkaur
Hopefully it will be except biology was worse than January I found! But June 2011 Physics was sooo easy. Hope it's straightforward like that not all this experimental ****. But sadly, the specification has changed a bit for next year's examination and our teachers said they will most likely be as experimental as January 2012 as they will follow the new specification style to be examined first in 2013. That's why you'll notice June 2011 was drastically different to January 2012. I have a specimen paper from the new specification (the same content but still the style we're going to get), shall i upload it here?

I know it really annoys me about how literally 75% of the paper is experimental :angry:

It'd be fab if you could post it! And yes he experimental side of the paper is ridiculous(!)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Just found it on my school intranet :smile:
Reply 42
2011 was easy because it was first examination. Our paper will be quite hard and unfortunately VERY experimental :frown:

Ahhh, why! There was a question on jan 2012 about why someone's results were different or something like that and the answer seemed mind boggling to me..

Reply 43
Original post by Graceyfave
Ahhh, why! There was a question on jan 2012 about why someone's results were different or something like that and the answer seemed mind boggling to me..

I just hate how they test experimental skills not actual theory, it's like -_- haha! I'll put the link to the specimen here.
Original post by Umackjiggles
Just found it on my school intranet :smile:

Cool! Do tell us how you got on :P Have you got the markscheme aswell?
Reply 44
Reply 45
I could try to post 2012 for others to use. Let me see if it allows the attachment.

I could try to post 2012 for others to use. Let me see if it allows the attachment.

it will be too large to upload, I'll split the file into two parts and upload each separately
Reply 47
Here you are everyone, I attached the January 2012 files if anyone wants to use them.
The Paper 1 exceeded the limit unfortunately :/ so I apologise for that, but here's paper 2 + Mark scheme, so I hope that helps someone.
Reply 48
Original post by Umackjiggles
it will be too large to upload, I'll split the file into two parts and upload each separately

Okay cheers! I did paper 2 which may serve to help someone :smile:

Reply 51
mark scheme for paper 1.
Reply 52
Thank you, you two :P
Reply 53

No problem :smile:

Happy to help :smile:
I see what you guys were saying about this paper taking it out of you...SO boring
Reply 56
If someone could post some electromagnetism notes though I swear I shall be eternally indebted to you! I'm having trouble grasping it because we rushed it. I'm good at physics so it shouldn't be an issue, but if someone could help with the moving cool loudspeaker etc it'd be amazing :smile:

Reply 57
If someone could post some electromagnetism notes though I swear I shall be eternally indebted to you! I'm having trouble grasping it because we rushed it. I'm good at physics so it shouldn't be an issue, but if someone could help with the moving cool loudspeaker etc it'd be amazing :smile:

check link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nApNGNG-9d8&feature=g-user-u
Reply 58

Thanks a lot :smile:

Reply 59
Really helpful attachments
Short notes and 2013 sam!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending