Original post by nithpriya
Really helpful attachments
Short notes and 2013 sam!!

The SAM is what i linked up there :P
Reply 61
Really helpful attachments
Short notes and 2013 sam!!

Brilliant! thank you! Never seen these before so a big big help. Lots of beautiful experimentation questions I see..:s-smilie:
Reply 62
Original post by Umackjiggles
I see what you guys were saying about this paper taking it out of you...SO boring

wait til you get to paper 2! i usually find physics stimulating but this, my god :L
Reply 63
Original post by Graceyfave
Brilliant! thank you! Never seen these before so a big big help. Lots of beautiful experimentation questions I see..:s-smilie:

yeah this is the new specimen i was on about. i did it the other day and literally all of them were like Jan 2012
Reply 64
Original post by sahajkaur
yeah this is the new specimen i was on about. i did it the other day and literally all of them were like Jan 2012

I just don't understand how this tests our understanding more than knowledge based questions. God Edexcel get it right..:mad:
Reply 65
Original post by Graceyfave
I just don't understand how this tests our understanding more than knowledge based questions. God Edexcel get it right..:mad:

I really quite liked the papers from the 2003 specification, they were relevant and tested some physics knowledge. I swear people who don't even do physics for GCSEs could do these papers! :confused:
wait til you get to paper 2! i usually find physics stimulating but this, my god :L

I found Paper 2 fine. Maybe it's just that Paper 1 was too long to be as boring as it was. :tongue:
Reply 67
This dude on youtube covers most of physics on video!
If you find reading hard, watching these is really useful!

http://www.youtube.com/user/benaryder
(edited 11 years ago)
This dude on youtube covers most of physics on video!
If you find reading hard watching these is really useful!

http://www.youtube.com/user/benaryder

Do you happen to have any notes for the parts of the Triple Award that aren't in the Double Award? e.g. transformers?
Reply 69
Original post by Big-Daddy
Do you happen to have any notes for the parts of the Triple Award that aren't in the Double Award? e.g. transformers?

sry but i have never heard of the triple award
sry but i have never heard of the triple award

It means where we take both Paper 1 and Paper 2 for each science, so we end up with 3 full IGCSEs.
Reply 71
Original post by Big-Daddy
I found Paper 2 fine. Maybe it's just that Paper 1 was too long to be as boring as it was. :tongue:

It wasn't as bad as paper 1 I agree, but I still found it brain-splittingly boring :frown:
Reply 72
CAn anyone help me with practical situations in physics?

example when a person sweats why he has to wear a blanket(i think hes dumb, I'd rather sleep with A/C on)
Reply 73
CAn anyone help me with practical situations in physics?

example when a person sweats why he has to wear a blanket(i think hes dumb, I'd rather sleep with A/C on)

It's because sweating will cause the body to cool down due to heat of latent evaporation but the blanket will retain the body heat due to air being a good insulator which is trapped between the body and the blanket.
(edited 11 years ago)
Who hates the new style of these physics papers?! omg

I've only done a few of the older papers (2009 etc) as practice, but I really want to get an A* in Physics, and we haven't been told anything about the newer papers :confused:, what are they like/ how are they different?

Reply 75
anyone got the ict data files which are available on edexcel website??
Reply 76
when are your exams over??

mine is over on may 31st and then its time to party until doomsday(results)
Reply 77
when are your exams over??

mine is over on may 31st and then its time to party until doomsday(results)

June 27th... :frown: history, Latin and German really drag on..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
99/120 on paper 1 is that a good mark? I couldn't be arsed to come up with answers for the "Analyse their conclusions" so I got 0 for that question :cool:
Reply 79
Original post by Umackjiggles
99/120 on paper 1 is that a good mark? I couldn't be arsed to come up with answers for the "Analyse their conclusions" so I got 0 for that question :cool:

For Jan 2012? Very.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending