The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

NEED HELP! About change course in IC

Hi guys, I am newly admitted to Imperial College London and start my freshman year in this Oct.
I have an offer in Civil Engineering.
I'm wondering if it is possible to switch to another engineering degree such as mechanical or EEE without having to apply through UCAS all over again?
Thank you very much for your help!
Send the respective department's admission tutor an email and see what he says. I know its possible, but I wouldn't count on it - if the other department have enough applicants they aren't going to want the burden of another student who has mixed feelings.

That being said, why no aero love o.o?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by ViralRiver
Send the respective department's admission tutor an email and see what he says. I know its possible, but I wouldn't count on it - if the other department have enough applicants they aren't going to want the burden of another student who has mixed feelings.

That being said, why no aero love o.o?

Yea.. I have sent email to the admission tutor from mechanical. I wish I can receive some promising replies. You said its possible, so you know who actually successfully changed course? If so, how is the procedure like for him/her?

Aero is nice, maybe not my type. U aero?
Original post by mriorc
Yea.. I have sent email to the admission tutor from mechanical. I wish I can receive some promising replies. You said its possible, so you know who actually successfully changed course? If so, how is the procedure like for him/her?

Aero is nice, maybe not my type. U aero?

I know it's possible because there are course changing forms that can be filled out (albeit after you start). But then again, some people who apply for course X get referred to course Y - so there's no reason why they would be 100% against a course transfer before you start. Conversely, there's no reason why they would have to accept you for the other course either :wink: .

And yep, Aero here.
Reply 4
Original post by ViralRiver
I know it's possible because there are course changing forms that can be filled out (albeit after you start). But then again, some people who apply for course X get referred to course Y - so there's no reason why they would be 100% against a course transfer before you start. Conversely, there's no reason why they would have to accept you for the other course either :wink: .

And yep, Aero here.

Great! Now I know what to do already. You've been a great help for me.
Thank you so much!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
What was the outcome?

Quick Reply

Latest