The Student Room Group

AS Physics PHYA1 - 17/05/12

Just over 5 weeks to the exam now. How's everyone feeling? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

just gotta really revise all the light stuff... and manage revising for all other subjects :L
Original post by ElMoro
Just over 5 weeks to the exam now. How's everyone feeling? :smile:

Just thought i'd let you know thats a yes to your offer but you ran out of available space in your inbox.....
Reply 3
I think it should be quite straight forward :tongue: but still slightly scared on the 6 mark question(s) :frown:
Reply 4
Just finished covering the syllabus and got our mock next week :biggrin: :s-smilie:

Original post by megank
I think it should be quite straight forward :tongue: but still slightly scared on the 6 mark question(s) :frown:

Same! Absolutely hate long answer questions :banghead:

wcp100

Thought you might like to know that there's a thread for this exam :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by ElMoro

Thought you might like to know that there's a thread for this exam :biggrin:

Wooo. I hate particle physics with a passion!
Reply 6
Original post by wcp100
Wooo. I hate particle physics with a passion!

Really? I actually quite like unit 1. Much better than unit 2 imo :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 7
Seems everyone else is doing Unit 2 at this time of the year!

Anyone get any helpful tips to share around? :smile:
Reply 8
Unit 1 is far better.
Tips for unit 1: Learn to classify all the particles from memory this totally helps; draw Feynam diagrams till you are so bored of them; quarks - understand the calculations and all the conservation blah, electricity just re-learn the basics and the rest comes.
Reply 9
Have any of you guys and girls by any chance been given any clues by your teachers as to what might be on the practical task? I've started another thread for it but much more people seem to look at this thread so I thought i'd be a bit cheeky and ask here instead. cheers.

In regards to revising for electricity - I completely agree with the previous post - learn the basic principles of resistance, current, emf etc. and everything else seems to fall into place. I absolutely hated electricity before I started and now it tends to be one of my stronger topics.

Original post by Meme4
Seems everyone else is doing Unit 2 at this time of the year!

Anyone get any helpful tips to share around? :smile:

Past papers all the way. Also, you should go through the summary and examination-style questions in the Nelson Thornes book until you no longer require to look at the answers to know how to get them.
Reply 10
Less than two weeks now :colondollar:
Reply 11
The big exams on Thursday!! (Physics Unit 1).
Have you guys revised heavily on graphs??? I don't like graphs :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by bahjat93
The big exams on Thursday!! (Physics Unit 1).
Have you guys revised heavily on graphs??? I don't like graphs :frown:

youre scaring me! what are the graphs we have to learn?? :/
Reply 13
Original post by megank
youre scaring me! what are the graphs we have to learn?? :/

Look at the exam style questions, they are literally littered with the graph questions :*(
Original post by Tullia
I've had two mock exams for this, and I got 65/70 on the first one and 67/70 on the second one.

Overall though I'm pleased and don't really require to revise for this exam, and will just focus on my other subjects.

I'm pleased you are doing well with this unit, it's not too bad. Don't let yourself get too cocky though, they always find ways to trip you up. I walked into an exam an expert and came out feeling very humbled.
Reply 15
Look at the exam style questions, they are literally littered with the graph questions :*(

exam style questions? do you mean in the text book or...? :/
Original post by Tullia
I'll always come across as arrogant at times to those that don't know me all that well, but I can assure you that I'm far from it.

I don't allow myself to get complacent, but I only require what will be around a low C on this paper to get an overall A (and that's all I need, as I'm dropping Physics after AS) and I'll be able to achieve that without revision.

It's much more important that I focus on my other subjects to ensure good grades across the board, and especially as they're more vital to my future.

:smile: that's fab. All the best. Hope you smash it!
Reply 17
Original post by megank
exam style questions? do you mean in the text book or...? :/

Yeah in the text book dude at the end of the chapter.
They tend to repeat the questions now and then
Reply 18
Yeah in the text book dude at the end of the chapter.
They tend to repeat the questions now and then

oh... didnt know that :/ i hardly use the text book.. should probs start doing some questions there soon
Reply 19
anyone have access to the markschemes of the end of chapter questions? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending