Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

All nighter tonight!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing an all nighter tonight? looking for someone to keep me awake! I have my AS history exam tomorrow and i really need to revise tonight!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doing an all nighter the night before your exam is not a good idea. Your body will just want to fall asleep when you are trying to answer the questions in the exam. Try to get some sleep at least.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily909)
    Is anyone doing an all nighter tonight? looking for someone to keep me awake! I have my AS history exam tomorrow and i really need to revise tonight!
    Yep you need to sleep, get off of here!!!! If you were proficient in all-nighters (like me) you wouldn't need to ask for help to stay up. How will we keep you awake anyway? Are you going to give your phone number out to a stranger on the internet so that they can call you and wake you up?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did an all nighter before one of my exams in January... what people say is about being REALLY tired is a load of tosh...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Always find all-nighters are only effective for me if it's writing an essay for deadline rather than revising. Losing a night of sleep makes me slower the next day.

Good luck with it, drink caffeine and eat sugary snacks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwertyG)
    I did an all nighter before one of my exams in January... what people say is about being REALLY tired is a load of tosh...
    I disagree. Once i only had 3 hours sleep before an exam, and i was completely effed in the exam. I wasted 5 mins reading the first question as it made no sense to me, when in fact, it was really easy and one which i had practised on numerous occasions.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Work from now to midnight, don't do an all nighter! You'll need to be fresh for the exam! If it's AM, go to bed at midnight. If its PM, work a little bit longer!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You only need 6 hours sleep to feel fresh in the morning, so revise all the way up to 1 and get up 7. Job done.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have AS History tomorrow as well.

I find all-nighters are possible if I'm doing actual work, but I can't do it with revision. I need my sleep so my brain actually works the next day!
    I do however have a rather effective method for learning huge quanities of information in an evening. I had to learn about 20 case studies for geog gcse last year in an evening. I did stay up 'til twelve, but I did it. I use mindmaps.

Anyway, best get back to revision!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What I find with all-nighters...

10pm -getting really tired. Wanting to sleep, f the exam etc. etc.
    12am- 3am peak productivity, get loads of revision done - more than you've done the whole year.
    3am-4am - exhausted. Just want to close your eyes and lie down.
    4am - onwards... wide awake, but really irritable. Your body feels shattered but you are doing some good last minute cramming and ready to get your exam over and done with.

The real challenge of them is just getting through the times you feel extremely sleepy - I recommend getting a cup of tea and having a walk
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    All nighters work with coursework and essay, try this, revise till 12, get 3-4 hours sleep and then at 4 revise till your exam, you will feel refreshed

i done an all nighter for my exam, trust me after a while your body gets use to it, you will still function properly as long as you avoid lying down or closing your eyes

if you feel tired, walk around, drink something and try to take regular breaks, you will slow down during the night so try to take more shorter breaks

it can be done
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming this is because you haven't done any revision previously?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom.west)
    I'm assuming this is because you haven't done any revision previously?
    Might not be, people sometimes feel like they haven't done enough, even after countless hours, there are some perfectionist out there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did an all nighter before BY1 WJEC this morning.
    It paid off. I did tons of revision and I'm pretty sure that quite a lot of the work went in and stuck in, because I found some of the questions easier than when I was doing past papers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same here, still have so much to go over:/ think i'll make sure to sleep for at least 4-5 hours though because after History will still have English to revise the next day
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's important to get at least 2 hours of sleep!! It just refreshes your mind slightly and you really need the rest. I never had an all nighter, but I did sleep for 2-3 hours some nights before exams.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the man from space)
    Might not be, people sometimes feel like they haven't done enough, even after countless hours, there are some perfectionist out there
    I know, that's why I'm asking. If she has revised, even if she feels like it's not enough, then she should sleep. There's no point taking the risk in my opinion.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom.west)
    I know, that's why I'm asking. If she has revised, even if she feels like it's not enough, then she should sleep. There's no point taking the risk in my opinion.
    Even though i agree that she should sleep but the extra hours act as comfort in knowing that she knows the course inside-out, she could have a panic attack tomorrow as she could feel that she doesnt know the course well enough
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did this last week and do not recommend it. My mind went blank in the exam despite having revised the answers well and my concentration was awful. At least get 5 hours or so.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonymeen)
    I think it's important to get at least 2 hours of sleep!! It just refreshes your mind slightly and you really need the rest. I never had an all nighter, but I did sleep for 2-3 hours some nights before exams.
    I'll admit, I did this.
    I slept from 5 - 7am and was fine. Now though, I'm quite tired and trying to revise chemistry. Probably time for some more Pro Plus

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 17, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.