The Student Room Group

Aqa MPC2 16 May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Going to revise so much Decision to make up for this horrendous disaster of an exam
Reply 81
did anyone get 829/20 for one of the questions or 41.45 ish?
Reply 82
Original post by Smeemi

41.95 i got i think?
Reply 83
Original post by Reversal
I think y=7^x was question 7.
question 4 or 5 was a binomial expansion one I think too.

what was the binomial expansion question? I am about to die here because I cannot remember that. :O
Reply 84
what was the 1st derivative for the "find the equation of the curve" question?
Reply 85
Original post by Smeemi

yes I got that, don't remember what question was it though.

Can someone tell me, how many marks would I get for equating 7^x = 7^2x + 12? and out of how many marks was it?

Also for tan question, I started panicking because of question 7 so I didn't think straight... I divided straight away by cos^2Theta and got (TanTheta +1)(Tan^2 Theta -3)= 0 but I thought it was wrong and didn't do anything further, didn't equate it.... how many marks would I get ?;s so stupid... could've done it, but because of the panic I didn't do it.....
Also out of how many marks was that question were x = 1/3? And how many do you think I will get, what I did I had something like x^2 = -1/9 at the end, but it said it was positive, so I was pretty sure I messed up signs, so I just removed the minus and made it positive and wrote x = 1/3 finally.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by Smeemi

Yep I remember getting that value. Was it for the integration question?
Reply 87
Original post by Eddy!
Yep I remember getting that value. Was it for the integration question?

Yeah thats it. Did you leave it as a fraction?
Reply 88
Original post by ryanboi
41.95 i got i think?

Maybe it was 839/20 which is 41.95. I'm not sure. :tongue:
Reply 89
Is there a discussion thread for Core 1 too?
Reply 90
Original post by Smeemi
Maybe it was 839/20 which is 41.95. I'm not sure. :tongue:

its 41.95
I remember the question and I did it again and got 839/20
Reply 91
what,if there was one,was the binomial expansion?
Reply 92
It was barely a binomial question, I think it was (x^3/2 -1)^2
Reply 93
Original post by Fothers94

is that it? :confused:

oh well,thanks for that.
Reply 94
Original post by ryanboi
41.95 i got i think?

Thats what I got too
Reply 95
Original post by Fothers94

oh thank you I am so relieved. I thought I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight :L
Reply 96
Original post by JohnHisk
what was the binomial expansion question? I am about to die here because I cannot remember that. :O

Well, it wasn't really that much binomial expansion, it was the "Expand (x+blah)^2" then integrate question.

I think. :confused:
Reply 97
Original post by Miyata
yes I got that, don't remember what question was it though.

Can someone tell me, how many marks would I get for equating 7^x = 7^2x + 12? and out of how many marks was it?

Also for tan question, I started panicking because of question 7 so I didn't think straight... I divided straight away by cos^2Theta and got (TanTheta +1)(Tan^2 Theta -3)= 0 but I thought it was wrong and didn't do anything further, didn't equate it.... how many marks would I get ?;s so stupid... could've done it, but because of the panic I didn't do it.....
Also out of how many marks was that question were x = 1/3? And how many do you think I will get, what I did I had something like x^2 = -1/9 at the end, but it said it was positive, so I was pretty sure I messed up signs, so I just removed the minus and made it positive and wrote x = 1/3 finally.

You were very close for that tan question.
When you got (tan^2Theta-3)=0, you should have taken that bracket out on its own, to get tan^2Theta-3=0. then tan^2Theta=3, so tanTheta is plus or minus root3.
Reply 98
Original post by Reversal
You were very close for that tan question.
When you got (tan^2Theta-3)=0, you should have taken that bracket out on its own, to get tan^2Theta-3=0. then tan^2Theta=3, so tanTheta is plus or minus root3.

Thanks, but yeah that's obvious I know that. That's like gcse stuff equating each part to 0 when you solve quadratics, and same here. But I started panicking after I spent a lot of time on Question 6 b), that kite question and got it wrong, so I wasn't thinking straight :frown: I feel like dying because of that.:/ So that's why I was wondering if I would get any marks because I have done the hard bit :/
Reply 99
They were both pretty horrible really, Core 1 not so much but, the wording has been completely switched around...But core 2, pure evil.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending