The Student Room Group

Just had my Cineworld group assesment.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TelevisionPotato
It took them 3 days to get back to me. I was expecting to go on to be individually interviewed, but they offered me the job straight away.

The group assessment was quite fun, but remember, you are being assessed. Smile, be the one to speak up but make sure you bring in quieter people in the group into the conversation, it shows good leadership skills.

When writing answers to questions, you might want to do a little research on things like health and safety and hygiene before hand, and remember that the customer comes first.

Reply 21
Hey, I have an interview on Sunday and I'm really rather confused! My email says it's only forty-five minutes and there's no mention of a group assessment, so does that mean it's an individual interview, not group? And, if anyone has had an individual interview for Cineworld, could you tell me what it's like? All I can seem to find is threads about group interviews!
Thanks in advance.
Reply 22
Original post by Kurrsteee
Hey, I have an interview on Sunday and I'm really rather confused! My email says it's only forty-five minutes and there's no mention of a group assessment, so does that mean it's an individual interview, not group? And, if anyone has had an individual interview for Cineworld, could you tell me what it's like? All I can seem to find is threads about group interviews!
Thanks in advance.

The email I got specified group assessment so I'm assuming that means it'll be an individual interview, although I'm surprised at that as they usually do group interviews. Sorry to not be more helpful - but I have checked my email and it definitely specified group. Perhaps phone them and clarify?
Reply 23
Original post by Choo.choo
There's no such thing as a 'group interview' when you attend a job interview for employment.
It will be a group discussion, followed by an individual interview, or vice versa. I don't understand why you think interviews are carried out as a group? Interviews need to be performed in private, because that will ensure fairness, and that the candidates don't copy each other's answers, and also so you don't know what the other candidates say when they answer the questions.

Well, considering I got the job and only had a group interview, which was referred to as such by my employer, and I didn't have an individual interview at all, and this was for Cineworld which is what the thread is referring to, I think I do actually know what I'm talking about.
wow thats one really long process :eek: what is the job for, is it the ones who book tickets for people, or the ones standing outside the movies?
I would have failed this interview by being an irritable, cynical dick.

You want me to do what now to prove I can be trusted to sell a manky sausage in a roll and hand out 3d glasses?????

I don't like teams of anything, except maybe football and healthcare pro's trying to save my life.
Reply 26
Original post by hasan4life
wow thats one really long process :eek: what is the job for, is it the ones who book tickets for people, or the ones standing outside the movies?

At Cineworld you are a 'Multifunctional' staff member, which basically means you do a bit of everything (except projection which is going all digital now anyway).
One day you might be tearing tickets for the screens, another day you might be on the concessions counter or even making the popcorn!
Original post by JIngleton
At Cineworld you are a 'Multifunctional' staff member, which basically means you do a bit of everything (except projection which is going all digital now anyway).
One day you might be tearing tickets for the screens, another day you might be on the concessions counter or even making the popcorn!

ooh cool, i actually wanna work their nw :tongue: shame theirs no jobs in my area :angry:
Reply 28
Sorry for the thread bump, but I just thought I'd mention I have an interview at Cineworld tomorrow and after reading this thread...now I'm super nervous! I'm quite a shy person, and doing this sounds like quite a drama-based interview: standing up in front of everyone improvising on a certain subject.
If anyone could offer any advice - and what sort of questions they asked, as that's what I usually excel in: bull****ting the "why do you want to work here?" bits.
Mine was an individual interview with the manager. He just asked me some basic qustions like'tell me about yourself' 'give an example of when you have worked in a team?' 'what are your three favourite films?' 'how would you serve a customer?'. Apparently he had twenty applicants to get through in two days but mine turned into an hours interview because we started to chat about tim burton films! I got a call two days later saying the job is mine and induction starts on tuesday. My advice is to smile a lot, show that you are a happy person and show a lot of interest in films. Also give lota of examples, so if they say 'are you good at working with customers?' instead of just saying yes, give one or two examples of when you have given good customer service and show excitement at the prospect of working with them.

My worry now is how do i book prebooked holiday off? Will they allow it?
Reply 30
what did everyone wear to their interview?
Reply 31
Didn't know they had cineworld in south.
Original post by Judgey
Sorry for the thread bump, but I just thought I'd mention I have an interview at Cineworld tomorrow and after reading this thread...now I'm super nervous! I'm quite a shy person, and doing this sounds like quite a drama-based interview: standing up in front of everyone improvising on a certain subject.
If anyone could offer any advice - and what sort of questions they asked, as that's what I usually excel in: bull****ting the "why do you want to work here?" bits.

I see you had the interview like a month ago, I have my assessment day next week, pretty excited and nervous, would appreciate it if you could tell me how yours was, was it in a group what did you have to do and any advice as I really want the job and not mess it up. Thanks in advance, Regards.
Reply 33
Hi! I was just wondering! I have a group interview on monday in cineworld and was looking up a few things. Is it true that all employees are on zero hour contracts?
Hey all you guys. shameless bump here but just got told I have an interview on Thursday and, as a few others have said themselves, I'm quite a shy guy (Yeah I know, I don't know why I applied for a role where I'll be seeing and communicating with a lot of people either, work's work I guess), not one to stand up in front of a large group especially not to make something. I'm one of those that just draws blanks when on the spot, which is the constant feeling when dealing with a group. My confidence has totally gone. Don't really know what I'm asking for, maybe just a more recent group interview anyone had? If anything's different to what's already been said and the best things I can do to increase my chances of getting the position!
Hi, I have my interview tomorrow. Can you please tell me your experience when you had it as yours one is latest one. I am big nervous after reading all this thread. If you can please help me with some information. Thank you
What was your story, only using words that had three letters in?
Hi, I was wondering, for anyone who didn't get the job if they can remember if they were actually contacted by Cineworld and told that they were unsuccessful? I had my group interview a week ago and thought it had went well but I haven't heard anything yet. Maybe I should phone them and follow up?
Reply 38
What a stupid interview process I would never go to a group interview they just show that the employer is lazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by louisa941
Hi, I was wondering, for anyone who didn't get the job if they can remember if they were actually contacted by Cineworld and told that they were unsuccessful? I had my group interview a week ago and thought it had went well but I haven't heard anything yet. Maybe I should phone them and follow up?

I have the same question. I had my interview a week ago in Cardiff and also thought I did quite well but haven't heard anything. Someone told me that if you're unsuccessful they'll email you otherwise you'll have a phone call if you get the job but I haven't had either so I don't know if it's different depending on the location.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending