The Student Room Group

What is the minimum height you would date someone at?

State your own height and whether you're male or female please.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
5'8-9" male, probably like 5' or around that? just not someone that you'd look at and think midget
Well I am a rather short 4'9 female. To be honest the taller the better.
Male. Minimum height probably 4'9"-4'10" or thereabouts. To be fair it's very unlikely to find anybody shorter than that so I don't really have a minimum height.

Maximum height? Well that's a different story entirely.

EDIT: Oops, should have said I'm 5'4".
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I would like to think the height of someone wouldn't affect who I would date.
Reply 5
I'm 5'2... I usually date guys between 5'8 and 5'11 which I find to be perfect, but I'd probably go down to about 5'6 or so. I like my guys to be taller than I am either way, so I'd draw the absolute limit at them being shorter than me.
I don't wander round with a tape measure, so I honestly can't say o.O

I'm 5'11" and female.
Reply 7
Original post by gillyhl
I would like to think the height of someone wouldn't affect who I would date.

5'9", male and +1 to this comment.
5'3" female, I don't have a minimum height. I don't mind if a guys short, it makes me feel tall which doesn't happen very often :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by Sally <3 Howl
5'3" female, I don't have a minimum height. I don't mind if a guys short, it makes me feel tall which doesn't happen very often :tongue:

The closer you are to my crotch the better.

Although using your knees is a good way to get closer. :sexface:
Reply 10
I'm female
My height: 5'10
Minimum height on a guy: 6'0
im about 5'5 and i like tall guys so preference would be about 5'11, but would settle for less if i really liked the person!
300m above sea level.
Reply 13
5'7" Male

I'd probably say no shorter than 4'10 maybe? And tallest about 5'10" It would be great to say that height wouldn't be an issue but that would be a lie. Know a girl who "may" have been interested in me, but she was over 6ft tall and I felt a bit uncomfortable with the thought of going out with her to be absolutely honest.
Reply 14
I'm a 5'1" guy.

I have no limits either way, for me, it's the personality that matters. Height is something you can't control and I'm not going to prejudice against it.
I'm 5'4" female.

I have dated guys of a variety of heights, from as short as 5'2", to as tall as 6'7". I prefer guys to me somewhat taller than myself, but I'm not about to say "sod off you're a midget" to somebody that is shorter than me if they are a nice guy. That would be kind of harsh.

My husband is 5'10" by the way.
Reply 16
I'm 5'7" female

The minimum height for a guy would be at least my height, could possibly be slightly shorter but I'd prefer my height or taller.
Reply 17
I don't really understand why the heels thing would matter, from a male and female point of view. I mean, on a night out, you might be taller (artificially) than your bf for a few hours and then it's back to normality and a kebab and/or bed. Maybe I'm missing something but it doesn't make much sense at all.
Reply 18
5'11 male, I honestly couldn't care less about how tall they are.

EDIT: ^ Heels accentuate the legs and bum, and they can look nice. Not usually a height related thing I don't think?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Mufasaa
5'11 male, I honestly couldn't care less about how tall they are.

EDIT: ^ Heels accentuate the legs and bum, and they can look nice. Not usually a height related thing I don't think?

I know, I meant as in some guys get upset by their gf's wearing heels so that they are taller than them and vice versa, with girls being upset because they will be taller. I mean, it's not like it's a permanent thing! That's the issue I was addressing. Girls exist who will only date a guy who is a minimum of high heel height above them, say 4 or so inches. I find this to be odd, personally, for my reasons above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending