The Student Room Group

French aqa listening exam 14th may 2012

Scroll to see replies

guys was it a furnature shop or a factory??? im really confused please tell me what you all put:smile:))<333
Reply 81
Original post by miffleberry24
guys was it a furnature shop or a factory??? im really confused please tell me what you all put:smile:))<333

I put factory :smile:
Reply 82
For the Mali environment question what did you put???

I put B then D i think (wood for cooking, try encourage use of renewable energy)
and A and C (government one, solar power is energy
ok because some peopel are saying it was a factory and others are saying it was the shop..i put factory but i was told i was wrong but someone just said im right/!?!? ahhh so confusinggg:s-smilie:SSSSSSS
Reply 84
Original post by A193
the problem with our exam was that it was in the hall, so everything just echoed, i was confident because i had done all the past papers can got 60 UMS

what grade would you say i got, if i think around 28/40 if i'm pessimistic, or 32/40 if i'm optimistic, please tell me because i'm curious
for curry i wrote that it is spicy
for the tart, i wrote that it had too much sugar

for steak i wrote that he ate too much and he got sick (i heard malade - i think)

for the last question i had that his problem was that on friday night, his girlfirend didn't see him, and he thinks that she is with her mates/new bf

for the bed question, did you say that he worked in: a factory, a hotel, or a furniture shop.

Please answer my questions because i am very curious

I'm French and I did the exam with the year 11s today. It was easy for me obviously but they did try to kick us with the bed-hotel-factory question, lol :biggrin:
Well, here are the answers that I wrote :
the guy worked in a factory that send bed to hotels and furniture shops.
The steak wasn't cooked enough, the the last one (can't remember what it was) had too much sugar, the curry was too cold.

There you go, ask me for more questions :smile:
Reply 85
ok because some peopel are saying it was a factory and others are saying it was the shop..i put factory but i was told i was wrong but someone just said im right/!?!? ahhh so confusinggg:s-smilie:SSSSSSS

It was definitely factory, well done ;p !!
Reply 86
Original post by whoopli
For the Mali environment question what did you put???

I put B then D i think (wood for cooking, try encourage use of renewable energy)
and A and C (government one, solar power is energy

Everything is right apart from the solar power energy one, it was pessimist for the future. :smile:
Original post by Sherishou
Everything is right apart from the solar power energy one, it was pessimist for the future. :smile:

no it was optimistic??? you really think they'd elect somebody who was pesimistic????
Reply 88

Hi do you remember what you put for the 2 written ones
about camping and the boy and his girlfriend

Reply 89
does this site put up mark scheme ? really wanna know how i did
Reply 90
no it was optimistic??? you really think they'd elect somebody who was pesimistic????

No it was pessimistic cuz she said that if people use solar panels then they won't use wood and she said she is pessimistic for the future of wood lol :biggrin:
No it was pessimistic cuz she said that if people use solar panels then they won't use wood and she said she is pessimistic for the future of wood lol :biggrin:

yeah so if people use solar panels then surely thats opt because shes saying they wont need to use the wood which nobody can afford lmfao?
Reply 92
Original post by whoopli
Hi do you remember what you put for the 2 written ones
about camping and the boy and his girlfriend

Camping one:
the daughter was unhappy because she couldn't sleep cuz some students were making too much noises.
Boy one:
He is sad cuz his girlfriend did not want to see him anymore since wednesday and that he couldn't revise anymore cuz he was always crying.

Hope u did well
:smile:
Reply 93
yeah so if people use solar panels then surely thats opt because shes saying they wont need to use the wood which nobody can afford lmfao?

yeah, but i'm french so obviously i'm right. :tongue: hope u still did well :smile:
My whole class thought is was really hard. I'm undecided. There were more written questions than on the past papers right?

I found it most stressful when the first one played, I had no idea LOL. I think I put homelessness, and then for the second one racism because I'm pretty sure she said that this hotel were not letting black people rent rooms. I thought only two questions on the first page was quite odd.

I can't remember them all in order, but I'll say the ones I remember.

With the jobs one, I remember putting C. I can't remember what it was, but the other ones were a shop assistant and that he works all year, which I'm pretty sure were false. For the second part I said he likes working with children, it was definitely not that it was well paid, but I wasn't sure that it wasn't that he didn't get presents, because I definitely heard 'cadeux', but I thought it was that he gave them presents or something (LOL pedo). For the second girl I put that she has wanted to do her job for a long time. I have no doubts on this one. I put that she did not like the clothes, I am certain on this too because she said her boss is (gentile) and that the pay is 'bon' but she said that she doesn't like her clothes as she has to wear them all night.

For the other jobs page I put that he worked in a factory, I was pretty sure on this but my friends got different answers. I definitely heard 'fabriquer les lits' and I'm pretty sure that he said they send them to furniture shops and hotels, but they have to be really careful with the hotel beds and has to test that they are comfortable so that the guests get a good night's sleep. Hence I thought the second part was to make sure they had a good nights sleep. With the girl, I'm sure she said she was the envy of all her friends for a). I can't remember b) though.

With the question about the party, I can't remember what I put, but I think I got them right, they were quite easy.

The food question went ok. The curry was too spicy. She said she needed more to drink and she only ate a bit too. Also the tart was not sweet enough. I have no idea about the steak and everyone I asked put a different answer. I put it was dry, but it was a complete guess. Everyone else seems to have said it was too rare, lol failed :s. The cake had too much cream I think.

As I said the only ones that were really hard to me were the two written ones. The one with the guy who went on holiday with his daughter, I got that she did not want to go because it always rains, I think she said something about her friends going camping and it being noisy but I really didn't know. For the second part I hadn't a clue. In the end I put that he had a bad holiday/traffic was bad/ he felt alone and for the last part I put his daughter went to stay in a hotel and he had to pay a lot. I did hear something of the sort, but I wasn't sure.

For the last question, I put that she broke up with him last Wednesday. I definitely heard last Wednesday but the breaking up was a stab in the dark. I put as a reason that they had different interests. A complete guess, I had no idea. For the last bit, I said that he was going to try and change, but didn't know if he could, and that he regretted it and cried (I heard the pleut or some sort of the verb pluvais, and I think that is used for crying). I did hear parts of all the answers for the last bit, but they were are really guesses.

I can't remember the answers to the Africa bit.

That's all I can remember of the questions. Writing this is actually making me feel like I did better than I thought.

Anyway about the boundaries, a couple of years ago it was 26/40 for an A* and 30/40 for full UMS. Personally, I thought this was harder, so I hope around mid 20s?

I know this is long, but I needed to blurt it out, I've been really worried about how it went and I wanted to know from others exactly what they got, so yeah :smile:
Reply 95
that test was bloody impossible an now i feel even worse looking at what guys have put here
Reply 96
think the person above me sums it up perfectly LOW GRADE BOUNDARIES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 97
Original post by nattywilliams
My whole class thought is was really hard. I'm undecided. There were more written questions than on the past papers right?

I found it most stressful when the first one played, I had no idea LOL. I think I put homelessness, and then for the second one racism because I'm pretty sure she said that this hotel were not letting black people rent rooms. I thought only two questions on the first page was quite odd.

I can't remember them all in order, but I'll say the ones I remember.

With the jobs one, I remember putting C. I can't remember what it was, but the other ones were a shop assistant and that he works all year, which I'm pretty sure were false. For the second part I said he likes working with children, it was definitely not that it was well paid, but I wasn't sure that it wasn't that he didn't get presents, because I definitely heard 'cadeux', but I thought it was that he gave them presents or something (LOL pedo). For the second girl I put that she has wanted to do her job for a long time. I have no doubts on this one. I put that she did not like the clothes, I am certain on this too because she said her boss is (gentile) and that the pay is 'bon' but she said that she doesn't like her clothes as she has to wear them all night.

For the other jobs page I put that he worked in a factory, I was pretty sure on this but my friends got different answers. I definitely heard 'fabriquer les lits' and I'm pretty sure that he said they send them to furniture shops and hotels, but they have to be really careful with the hotel beds and has to test that they are comfortable so that the guests get a good night's sleep. Hence I thought the second part was to make sure they had a good nights sleep. With the girl, I'm sure she said she was the envy of all her friends for a). I can't remember b) though.

With the question about the party, I can't remember what I put, but I think I got them right, they were quite easy.

The food question went ok. The curry was too spicy. She said she needed more to drink and she only ate a bit too. Also the tart was not sweet enough. I have no idea about the steak and everyone I asked put a different answer. I put it was dry, but it was a complete guess. Everyone else seems to have said it was too rare, lol failed :s. The cake had too much cream I think.

As I said the only ones that were really hard to me were the two written ones. The one with the guy who went on holiday with his daughter, I got that she did not want to go because it always rains, I think she said something about her friends going camping and it being noisy but I really didn't know. For the second part I hadn't a clue. In the end I put that he had a bad holiday/traffic was bad/ he felt alone and for the last part I put his daughter went to stay in a hotel and he had to pay a lot. I did hear something of the sort, but I wasn't sure.

For the last question, I put that she broke up with him last Wednesday. I definitely heard last Wednesday but the breaking up was a stab in the dark. I put as a reason that they had different interests. A complete guess, I had no idea. For the last bit, I said that he was going to try and change, but didn't know if he could, and that he regretted it and cried (I heard the pleut or some sort of the verb pluvais, and I think that is used for crying). I did hear parts of all the answers for the last bit, but they were are really guesses.

I can't remember the answers to the Africa bit.

That's all I can remember of the questions. Writing this is actually making me feel like I did better than I thought.

Anyway about the boundaries, a couple of years ago it was 26/40 for an A* and 30/40 for full UMS. Personally, I thought this was harder, so I hope around mid 20s?

I know this is long, but I needed to blurt it out, I've been really worried about how it went and I wanted to know from others exactly what they got, so yeah :smile:

the old man doesn't work all year he only works in december and october and he dresses up as santa and he loves his job cuz he loves children.
He cried and couldn't study cuz he was always crying and crying is pleurer not pluvait. lol hope u did well :smile:
Reply 98
What did you put for the whole page on relationships on the last page :biggrin:

and the holidays page near the end ? xx
the old man doesn't work all year he only works in december and october and he dresses up as santa and he loves his job cuz he loves children.
He cried and couldn't study cuz he was always crying and crying is pleurer not pluvait. lol hope u did well :smile:

Ah thank you :smile: I think I got those marks then ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending