The Student Room Group

AQA French Listening 14th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by milworthy
she said if she doesn't like something they adapt the game.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up :biggrin:

Woops!
Reply 141
For the steak I put that it wasn't cooked enough...
Original post by Deziah

I only heard it was too greasy 'trop de gras' ..and too 'bloody' :L
Reply 143
Original post by Deziah

it was rare 'saignant' so I would imagine they would allow your answer :smile:
so do you think there will be lower grade boundaries this year? it was particularly tough.
Reply 145
Im certain that the boundaries will be low, my mother used to work for an exam board and she says if the whole country found the exam particularly difficult, the boundaries are usually significantly lower. :smile:
Original post by myyrealname
I did so badly in this paper oh my god :frown:

You're not alone! :laugh: :laugh:
Reply 147
so do you think there will be lower grade boundaries this year? it was particularly tough.

I think there probably will be as there were quite a lot of 'tricks' in the paper, although AQA may be aiming to change the ratio of grades and therefore the boundaries will stay the same :/
Reply 148
do you reckon the boundaries will be low? Because the majority of my year who took the higher tier found it quite difficult!
Original post by Ingamo
Im certain that the boundaries will be low, my mother used to work for an exam board and she says if the whole country found the exam particularly difficult, the boundaries are usually significantly lower. :smile:

I know the highest it has even been is 32/40 and the lowest as 26/40 for an A*. So I think I can get an A* as long as it is around the 30 mark not 32.
Reply 150
I found the only easy part was the talent show question!! what did anyone get for the final question about what has happened to Franck after his break up??
Original post by Mehroze1
I found the only easy part was the talent show question!! what did anyone get for the final question about what has happened to Franck after his break up??

The talent show question was great!!! And the last question...
i said she no longer wanted to see him.
Because he annoyed her because he wanted to spend all his time with her.

Then I said the effects on him were that he was going to try to change (but he didn't know if this was a possibility) and that he has been ill for a few days. Some people said they wrote about effects on his school work, but there are more than two correct answers probably.
Reply 152
Just sat this paper, and thought it was OK - i mean, It was harder than most past papers i've done, but definitely easier than the Jan 2012 one...

I actually have a funny story about the steak question - I was discussing with a friend before the exam that words like rare, well cooked, etc. were in the spec that we had to learn. I said, honestly, it's never going to come up, and even joked about how they would put it into the exam... good thing i remembered that 'saignant' means rare...
Reply 153
The talent show question was great!!! And the last question...
i said she no longer wanted to see him.
Because he annoyed her because he wanted to spend all his time with her.

Then I said the effects on him were that he was going to try to change (but he didn't know if this was a possibility) and that he has been ill for a few days. Some people said they wrote about effects on his school work, but there are more than two correct answers probably.

Cool, cheers and what about the food questions what did u get for those?? I remember putting too cold for the curry, not enough sugar in the tart, the beef was under cooked and the final desert was too ccreamy??
Cool, cheers and what about the food questions what did u get for those?? I remember putting too cold for the curry, not enough sugar in the tart, the beef was under cooked and the final desert was too ccreamy??

Yep-the curry was almost cold, the tart was too bitter (and no enough sugar), the steak was rare and the dessert was too much cream. Is that what you got for the final question aswell then?
Reply 155
I wrote that the curry was too spicy, although she only said it was Epicé, Not that it was trop epicé
I said that the last dessert was too hard because I heard "dur" anyone else get this?

Also do you know if they take off marks if you completey misunderstand the answer?
Reply 157
Yep-the curry was almost cold, the tart was too bitter (and no enough sugar), the steak was rare and the dessert was too much cream. Is that what you got for the final question aswell then?

yeah thats what i got for the final question aswell!! And what about the first two questions?? Also what did u put about the holiday questions??
yeah thats what i got for the final question aswell!! And what about the first two questions?? Also what did u put about the holiday questions??

ok so the first question i put homelessness, and then racism because it was about a man who refused the black woman lodging in his hotel. And for the holiday questions I'm not sure if I'm right.
I put the girl did not enjoy it because she could't get to sleep because there was a school group who made lots of noise. And then the man was dissapointed because he wanted to do more walking but he had to abandon his hopes because there were too many people? I think i heard trop de monde.

What did you get for the question about the man working with the matress
Reply 159
ok so the first question i put homelessness, and then racism because it was about a man who refused the black woman lodging in his hotel. And for the holiday questions I'm not sure if I'm right.
I put the girl did not enjoy it because she could't get to sleep because there was a school group who made lots of noise. And then the man was dissapointed because he wanted to do more walking but he had to abandon his hopes because there were too many people? I think i heard trop de monde.

What did you get for the question about the man working with the matress

yeah I pretty much put the same as u have, but for the holiday question I put that the girl did not like it as there was lots of rain when she was camping. anyways, now there's thursday to look forward to!:redface: just hope the grade boundaries are low this year because i've dun well in my controlled assessments and dont want my exams to let me down...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending