The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A G482, Electrons, Waves and Photons, 25th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Oh well, I lost about 10-15 marks so I reckon I can still get a high B (around 100 UMS); really disappointed about the LED question. It's so obvious but just didn't give it two thoughts due to exam pressure. I did well in unit 1, so I might be able to scrap an A overall. I got 32 I think in the practicals - do you know roughly what UMS that would be?
I disgree wtih people thinking the paper was overly easy

Personally I couldn't do the drawing the wave to represent the slinky
Screwed up the emission spectrum
And probably various other things....

average paper rather than easy
Reply 1202
For the linking the radiation to wavelength question, it's gamma which is smallest right? So..

Gamma 10^-12
Ultraviolet
Infrared
Microwaves 10^-3

Can't remember if they were the exact values but that is the correct order right?
Reply 1203
Yep
and its
10^-8
10^-6
Reply 1204
Original post by mucgoo
Yep
and its
10^-8
10^-6

Alright thanks. :biggrin:
Original post by Malabarista
Thanks, also, please tell me for Q6 wave pulse one anyone here got something like this:

wave.png

I did but slighty shifted to the left cause I thought the displacements happened between 0-0.5 not at 0.5 if that makes sense?
Reply 1206
Original post by Squiggle
I did but slighty shifted to the left cause I thought the displacements happened between 0-0.5 not at 0.5 if that makes sense?

That's what I did too. And then I did 0 displacement for the remaining 1 second.
Original post by Squiggle

But it took half second to even get near P, it was 0.25m away to begin with.
Reply 1208
Did anyone get 7p for the KWh question?
Reply 1209
7p! YAY, I got one question right!
Reply 1210
Original post by Malabarista
But it took half second to even get near P, it was 0.25m away to begin with.

Oh I did it the other way around, going towards P. I assumed that's what it meant since the wave was moving at 0.50ms-1 to the right. :confused:
Reply 1211
Original post by geditor
7p! YAY, I got one question right!

Did u get 301 lines per mm for the diffraction one?
Reply 1212
Original post by wilky94
Did u get 301 lines per mm for the diffraction one?

I got 7p and 301 lines per mm. :smile:
Reply 1213
Good stuff :smile:
Reply 1214
Just realized that I forgot to work out how much the electricity cost. I think I just calculated the energy in kilowatts and put that in the answer box.

Easiest marks in the paper gone.
I put 300 lines per mm (so yeah 301 would be correct) as I know they love to use 300 lines per mm for their diffraction grating questions :P
Reply 1216
For the cost of electricity, I remember it being 7. something, so say I put 7.09p, would I get marked down for being to precise?
Reply 1217
Does anyone remember what you were required to draw for the 'LED circuit' question? I added an LED with a voltmeter in parallel and an ammeter and resistor in series.

But now my friend mentioned that it specified that you should include a 'suitable length of wire', or something along those lines. I has confusion.
Reply 1218
Original post by HarryW95
For the cost of electricity, I remember it being 7. something, so say I put 7.09p, would I get marked down for being to precise?

I did the same, I think both are acceptable.
Reply 1219
Original post by BaconFTW
Does anyone remember what you were required to draw for the 'LED circuit' question? I added an LED with a voltmeter in parallel and an ammeter and resistor in series.

But now my friend mentioned that it specified that you should include a 'suitable length of wire', or something along those lines. I has confusion.

I did the same as you. Im not sure about the 'suitable length of wire' thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending