The Student Room Group

Edexcel Economics Unit 4: 20th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ezioaudi77
Thanks :smile: I did some searching of my own and found some section A questions as well(attached here).

But I cannot find section B parts :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

Just found these, June 2005, June 2006, Jan & June 2007. Full papers :smile:

Edit: nvmmm, turns out most of them are Unit 3 :|
eurghhh, this is really frustrating lol :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
goto xtreme papers
Reply 42
BTW you can also use the specimen paper on edexcels website. the real thing is never harder than the specimen paper
Reply 43
Original post by whatever_x

Edit: nvmmm, turns out most of them are Unit 3 :|
eurghhh, this is really frustrating lol :frown:

Yup I got all Unit 3 papers....but for unit 4, only those sec A stuff :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 44
Original post by PPF
goto xtreme papers

Yea, it only has 3 unit 6 papers (2005, 2008, 2009) :/ I can't seem the other papers anywhere :confused:

Original post by PPF
BTW you can also use the specimen paper on edexcels website. the real thing is never harder than the specimen paper

I am using the specimen as well. And now that you mentioned it, I just realised it never is harder than the actual :biggrin:

Would love to get my hands on some more unit 6 papers though :smile:
Reply 45
Yup I got all Unit 3 papers....but for unit 4, only those sec A stuff :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

Yeaah, I even tried looking at old threads on here, but nothinggg :s-smilie:
I'll try asking my teacher tomorrow, hopefully he'll have some
Reply 46
Original post by ugk4life
i know what u mean about the data response and essay timing lol.

im sure you can still get a* if u get 111 in this paper cos we need average of 90 ums over units 3 and 4 right ??

I got 58 in unit 3 though, I'd need 122/120 in unit 4 :P
Reply 47
Original post by whatever_x
Yeaah, I even tried looking at old threads on here, but nothinggg :s-smilie:
I'll try asking my teacher tomorrow, hopefully he'll have some

Thanks, hope he does. Let me know, if it's not any trouble :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by iMe
I got 58 in unit 3 though, I'd need 122/120 in unit 4 :P

ohh right lol i somehow read your other post as saying you had got 69 in unit 3 lol.
Reply 49
Original post by Yumnaarrhhh
Hey guys, good luck with your exam!

Btw random question..about unit 1 and 2..do you think that it's possible to try and teach yourself? I'm doing my AS this year and I made the mistake of picking bio instead of this..so how hard would it be to teach yourself those 2 units?

That is a bit crazy....
I am currently doing both biology and econ A level and biology is defiantly easier to teach yourself as it is more about learning facts.
This is being familiar with the essay structures as well as learning all the content - which is WAY bigger.
Good luck if you do chose to do it, but i'd say stick to bio!!
Original post by hannah_27
That is a bit crazy....
I am currently doing both biology and econ A level and biology is defiantly easier to teach yourself as it is more about learning facts.
This is being familiar with the essay structures as well as learning all the content - which is WAY bigger.
Good luck if you do chose to do it, but i'd say stick to bio!!

Oh right..
Well I guess i'd be kind of familiar with essay writing as I am also doing english lit and history, so I thought maybe that would help a bit.

u guys are already doing past papers???
im still on cramming my notes :/
finished development still have taxation, protectionism, bop and exchange rates left

finding it so much work to juggle between ocr c3 and 4, and aqa french. *sigh*
Reply 52
Original post by BrownBarbie
u guys are already doing past papers???
im still on cramming my notes :/
finished development still have taxation, protectionism, bop and exchange rates left

finding it so much work to juggle between ocr c3 and 4, and aqa french. *sigh*

lol i havent started notes even!

im doin c3 and 4 too as well as m1 so kinda tryna concentrate on them
Reply 53
Which topics do we need to know case studies for guys (i.e. when the essay question says "Using a named example")? And also do we need to know lots of stats and relevant examples to pop into essays and possibly data response? Cheersss
Reply 54
Original post by RJ93
Which topics do we need to know case studies for guys (i.e. when the essay question says "Using a named example")? And also do we need to know lots of stats and relevant examples to pop into essays and possibly data response? Cheersss

when do they aska question like that?
Reply 55
Original post by ugk4life
when do they aska question like that?

Sorry I worded it wrong. I meant when it says "...in a country of your choice".
Reply 56
Original post by RJ93

oh right.

err im not sure i dont think ive seen any of those questions.
Reply 57
Original post by RJ93

It means exactly what it says. You select a country that you have memorised statistics for or have done further reading on and answer the question using that information. I hope that helps. Mark schemes for those type of questions are likely to be vague.
Reply 58
Yea, it only has 3 unit 6 papers (2005, 2008, 2009) :/ I can't seem the other papers anywhere :confused:

I am using the specimen as well. And now that you mentioned it, I just realised it never is harder than the actual :biggrin:

Would love to get my hands on some more unit 6 papers though :smile:

are you sure there are even more that 3 exams for unit 6? maybe there are only 3?
Reply 59
Original post by Yash13
It means exactly what it says. You select a country that you have memorised statistics for or have done further reading on and answer the question using that information. I hope that helps. Mark schemes for those type of questions are likely to be vague.

Your not Yash from Berkshire are you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending