The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Biology Unit 2 6BIO2 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by jerichi
I found all the DEFINITIONS!!!

Note that they are for unit 1 and 2 combined!!

oh thanks... this is really helpful!! :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by Killer_94
oh thanks... this is really helpful!! :smile:

No problem! Awesome :biggrin: I'm glad they are!
xo
Reply 63
ahh having to cram this weekend... done topic 3 and now onto topic 4. Then past papers... ahhh!! Why did I leave it so last minute!!
Reply 64
Aloha! Well it seems I'm on a roll lol :P
I found a handbook (of sorts) on genetics that I'm attaching to this. It has everything on genetics but some of it's a little too detailed for our level so just use the parts you need.

I had to break it up cause it's too big to fit as a whole file but it is continuous so if you want it to make sense follow the number order (1 is the first part and 7 is the last). Part 3 is split into three cause it wouldn't fit otherwise :P

Hope this helps! I did not write this I found it.
:biggrin:
xo
Reply 65
I'm finding a lot of the content on this unit really boring. :frown: And the exam papers are so full of data analysis it makes me just want to go to sleep...

Unit 1 had wayyy more interesting content imo.
Original post by ummm
I'm finding a lot of the content on this unit really boring. :frown: And the exam papers are so full of data analysis it makes me just want to go to sleep...

Unit 1 had wayyy more interesting content imo.

True.

How did unit 1 chem go btw, I don't think I saw you in the aftermath :tongue:
Reply 67
Original post by This Honest
True.

How did unit 1 chem go btw, I don't think I saw you in the aftermath :tongue:

Hahaha, it was alright I guess, apart from the fact that I was a complete idiot and misread a 4 mark question. :frown: :frown: :frown: I'm hoping I'll get some sort of marks from it though! How did it go for you? :smile: Ready for unit 2? :tongue:
Reply 68
Original post by titch_04
ahh having to cram this weekend... done topic 3 and now onto topic 4. Then past papers... ahhh!! Why did I leave it so last minute!!

hehe same :smile:

just done 3 core practicals (over today and yesterday) topic 3 and now working through plants for topic 4.

i seriously hope they give us a decent paper otherwise i'm screwed :redface:
Reply 69
Original post by Hdizzle
hehe same :smile:

just done 3 core practicals (over today and yesterday) topic 3 and now working through plants for topic 4.

i seriously hope they give us a decent paper otherwise i'm screwed :redface:

me too ... there is so much to learn so little time
Original post by ummm
Hahaha, it was alright I guess, apart from the fact that I was a complete idiot and misread a 4 mark question. :frown: :frown: :frown: I'm hoping I'll get some sort of marks from it though! How did it go for you? :smile: Ready for unit 2? :tongue:

:redface:
What was that 4 mark question?
It went well for me, I didn't have any problems but I know I lost a couple of marks :rolleyes:
I'm nearly ready for unit 2 bio and I've already done unit 2 chem :smile:
Reply 71
:redface:
What was that 4 mark question?
It went well for me, I didn't have any problems but I know I lost a couple of marks :rolleyes:
I'm nearly ready for unit 2 bio and I've already done unit 2 chem :smile:

Cool! It was the one where you had to draw out the structural formulae for the ethene-related compounds... I drew them out as displayed. :'( I think the rest went alright though hopefully! Do you mean you've already sat unit 2 chem? Cool! What else did you need to do for it? I just need to do the last paper for unit 2 biology, then read through my notes and recap everything again tomorrow... You didn't take biology unit 1 did you? It was a weird paper. :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ummm
Cool! It was the one where you had to draw out the structural formulae for the ethene-related compounds... I drew them out as displayed. :'( I think the rest went alright though hopefully! Do you mean you've already sat unit 2 chem? Cool! What else did you need to do for it? I just need to do the last paper for unit 2 biology, then read through my notes and recap everything again tomorrow... You didn't take biology unit 1 did you? It was a weird paper. :s-smilie:

HEY!! YOU WILL STILL GET THE MARKS FOR DISPLAYED FORMULA :tongue:
In the mark scheme, they always say allow displayed formula :tongue:
You're fine!

I'm in A2 so yeah already got an A in that and focusing on unit 5 :s-smilie:

I'm gonna do unit 2 jan 12 tomorrow then review my notes and look at the notes on this thread, go through syllabus and hit the jack :holmes:

I did unit 1 last year :tongue:
Reply 73
HEY!! YOU WILL STILL GET THE MARKS FOR DISPLAYED FORMULA :tongue:
In the mark scheme, they always say allow displayed formula :tongue:
You're fine!

I'm in A2 so yeah already got an A in that and focusing on unit 5 :s-smilie:

I'm gonna do unit 2 jan 12 tomorrow then review my notes and look at the notes on this thread, go through syllabus and hit the jack :holmes:

I did unit 1 last year :tongue:

Thank god after this week I can relax... it's only the beginning for you :tongue:
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope I get the marks! Haha! Just going to have to hope for the best!

What's your third subject? And what do you want to study at uni? :biggrin: Oh, and how much harder is chemistry at A2 than AS? :smile: Good luck with all your exams!!!
hey, does anyone want the january 2012 paper and mark scheme? i can post it on here if you want :smile: its harder than the other papers i feel so it may be worth giving it a try
Original post by ummm
Thank god after this week I can relax... it's only the beginning for you :tongue:
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope I get the marks! Haha! Just going to have to hope for the best!

What's your third subject? And what do you want to study at uni? :biggrin: Oh, and how much harder is chemistry at A2 than AS? :smile: Good luck with all your exams!!!

:teehee:
Check in past papers MS where you're asked to write the structural formuale, they will always say 'allow displayed forumla' it was even in my unit 4 exam in jan

My third subject is maths :colonhash:
I'm not sure what to do in uni, so I've taken a gap year out instead of paying 9 grand for a degree I may not like. There's no rush so I don't mind waiting a year. Although, with my a levels, I'm leaning towards a science degree of some sort.

A2 chem is alright but lots more to remember and lots lots lots more organic reactions, reagents conditions :colonhash:
I enjoy it more than AS coz the content is more interesting. Lots of maths involved in unit 4 chem.
Good luck to you too! Bio 2 will be my 2nd out of 7 exams :lol:
Reply 76
I really hate the data questions, but the worst are the "suggest why" questions - sometimes they're fairly obvious but I just don't know how to word it, and sometimes you have absolutely no clue because the question is completely irrelevant to the syllabus.
Reply 77
Original post by Kadet
I really hate the data questions, but the worst are the "suggest why" questions - sometimes they're fairly obvious but I just don't know how to word it, and sometimes you have absolutely no clue because the question is completely irrelevant to the syllabus.

cant agree more!
Original post by Saleha
hey, does anyone want the january 2012 paper and mark scheme? i can post it on here if you want :smile: its harder than the other papers i feel so it may be worth giving it a try

Yes please, would be much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending