The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Biology Unit 2 6BIO2 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dhaden
She recommended that your teacher gets your courseworks back, find where you were losing marks and make the appropiate changes. She also said there's no reason why you can't edit it and re submit the same piece of work with the corrections.

Thank you for that :smile:
Original post by neom
The a2 c/w isnt that bad, as long as you have an experiment and follow the criteria (tick all the boxes) you should get an A. I ended up having to doing mine in a couple days (i had 6 other pieces of c/w to do) and came out with an A.
just make sure it's an experiment, then it'll be fairly easy to fill up the criteria

Though I agree about unit 5, its super hard. I certainly wasn't prepared enough

what boxes? :redface: I just need a really high B/A in it which I'm worried about >.< Why is unit 5 super hard? content or just the exam itself?
Reply 922
Original post by ummm
How is it super hard compared with AS? Is it just that the content is way more complex to understand? Is there just loads more of it? Or is it the exam papers?

Original post by InadequateJusticex
what boxes? :redface: I just need a really high B/A in it which I'm worried about >.< Why is unit 5 super hard? content or just the exam itself?

Unit 5 was hard for me because of the article, alot of the questions were unexpected or seemed easy in some sort of 'oh, it's just comprehension' disguise. The article is worth 1/3 of unit 5, so if you don't do well or don't answer the questions, you get a U..or E The content that comes from the text book is fine, it's just the article that threw me over :/

Also, the boxes are just a list of stuff that they mark or look for in your c/w

Edit: just in case you don't know, in unit 5 they give you an article in which you are required to answer questions in relation to the article.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by neom
Unit 5 was hard for me because of the article, alot of the questions were unexpected or seemed easy in some sort of 'oh, it's just comprehension' disguise. The article is worth 1/3 of unit 5, so if you don't do well or don't answer the questions, you get a U..or E The content that comes from the text book is fine, it's just the article that threw me over :/

Also, the boxes are just a list of stuff that they mark or look for in your c/w

Edit: just in case you don't know, in unit 5 they give you an article in which you are required to answer questions in relation to the article.

Is there a simplified version of the mark scheme somewhere? It's so difficult to understand :frown: Not to mention the hierarchical marking makes it more retarded. What about unit 4 then? Is that tough too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending