Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think about #TurnToIslam trending worldwide on Twitter?

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatCharlie)
    The stereotyping comment was about your comments about the previous poster.

All religions are. But when you go to threads like these, people seem to forget that. I just cannot understand why people can be so hateful and have such a negative eye when it comes to Islam but non of the other Abrahamistic religions.

Muslims do not preach violence and hate. At least non of the ones I've come a cross and I've met a few.
    You haven't addressed any of my points.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dongonaeatu)
    Again this is quite simple a lie. How can i stereotype scripture? Are you saying sharia law is peaceful? We take the premise muslims follow the koran. The koran preaches violence and hate. Therefore muslims will preach violence and hate. And yes there are peaceful verses, but remember if there is a contradiction in verses you take the later verse to be true- and funnily enough all the violent verses come later in the koran. What about the principle of taqiyya? Is this peaceful? Sharia law? Islam is more of a political and social structure than a religion. It is not peaceful. It is not culture, it is religion. We only have to look at the koran to see this.
    Sources? Could you give us a link to such verses.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You haven't addressed any of my points.
    I sort of did. Like you only sort of addressed mine. So let's call that even. Since I got an early start tomorrow, I'm going to bed now. You are more than welcome to go back and address what I wrote, and I will be more specific about answering you tomorrow.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawabiding)
    Sources? Could you give us a link to such verses.
    no find it yourself
    read a book on it
    read the koran
    i am sick and tired of people asking for verses, look for it yourself. It is one google search away from you.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatCharlie)
    I sort of did. Like you only sort of addressed mine. So let's call that even. Since I got an early start tomorrow, I'm going to bed now. You are more than welcome to go back and address what I wrote, and I will be more specific about answering you tomorrow.
    Lol. You didn't address any of my points. You started ranting how rape was cultural and not religion (a typical response) which is simply not true if we read the koran.
    Good night and god bless
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    Turning to God, is turning to Islam.

And with all due respect, but I don't think Muslims care what others think about our faith. I mean, we're not Muslims to please and be "approved" by the masses. We're Muslims because we believe Islam is the truth. It's hard to really express it in words, but to us it's more like a fact than a mere faith. You wouldn't really understand until you could actually see it through our eyes.

So really, if this twitter trend is "annoying some people", then good for them. People will always look for reasons to hate.

Not quite.

1. There is no "Islamic country", more accurately it's called "Islamic State". What there is today is Muslim-majority nations who implement a mixture of both Shariah and man-made/culture based constitutions.

2. It's not women, but people of all types, that may leave a Muslim country. This is usually to escape oppression that is caused either by foreign troops or corrupt governments. Not due to Islam.

The irony is that oppression was most prominent when the likes of Ben Ali, Mubarak tried to rule by secularism.

How is twitter being shoved down your throat? I think twitter have an account cancellation page. I've never used it, but i'd suspect they do. Don't give up finding it.
    I was asking for opinions not a bloody lecture, at no point did I state that I did not like the trend, however instead I stated that with all the prejudism in Britain today because of extremist muslims this trend could encourage hate. If you cannot understand what is written then do not reply! And as for you claiming that 'we' cannot understand how it feels to understand what the 'truth' is, well that is wrong. Atheisms believe that their is no God through their eyes, their faith is strong, just as Christians believe that Jesus is the son of God. For them these are also facts, as a Christian I know how this feels. Please do not be so arrogant, respect for all religions is what is needed, no need to be so uptight!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol. You didn't address any of my points. You started ranting how rape was cultural and not religion (a typical response) which is simply not true if we read the koran.
    Good night and god bless
    Can't prove yourself, damn...

Are you implying that Islam encourages rape?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaquelleSade)
    I was asking for opinions not a bloody lecture, at no point did I state that I did not like the trend, however instead I stated that with all the prejudism in Britain today because of extremist muslims this trend could encourage hate. If you cannot understand what is written then do not reply! And as for you claiming that 'we' cannot understand how it feels to understand what the 'truth' is, well that is wrong. Atheisms believe that their is no God through their eyes, their faith is strong, just as Christians believe that Jesus is the son of God. For them these are also facts, as a Christian I know how this feels. Please do not be so arrogant, respect for all religions is what is needed, no need to be so uptight!
    What prejudise? 40% of british muslims want sharia law implemented
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

Yes
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student296)
    I respect that you see the beauty of Islam. The trend does not mean that Islam is being forced onto people in any way so I don't see anything wrong with it. The Qur'an says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion". (2:256)
    Yet it also says: "Therefore, when ye meet the unbelievers, smite at their necks and when ye have caused a bloodbath among them, bind a bond firmly on them" (Surah 47, verse 4)

Religion is poison. Whether it be Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism or whatever religion you can put in front of me, it is poison. It poisons everything around it. It has brought us nothing good, only bad. If anything #TurnFromReligion should be trending.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What prejudise? 40% of british muslims want sharia law implemented
    I was simply asking about whether people think this trend could cause more conflict, I was not asking people for their personal views on Islam as a religion!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

Sura 4 (The Women), Verse 92.
    4.92: And it does not behoove a believer to kill a believer except by mistake, and whoever kills a believer by mistake, he should free a believing slave, and blood-money should be paid to his people unless they remit it as alms; but if he be from a tribe hostile to you and he is a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (suffices), and if he is from a tribe between whom and you there is a covenant, the blood-money should be paid to his people along with the freeing of a believing slave; but he who cannot find (a slave) should fast for two months successively:

what is your opinion on islam and slavery
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was simply asking about whether people think this trend could cause more conflict, I was not asking people for their personal views on Islam as a religion!
    well they are pretty linked
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    Think you're the one who need to use Google, mate. http://www.muslimaccess.com/articles...e_in_islam.asp Can't really insist you've read the "Koran" and expect people to believe you when you can't "be bothered" to find the link . Anyway, I think I've addressed your point.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is this an Internet version of the Jehovah's Witnesses?

Or have I completely missed something here?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib9rofXQl6w
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Christianity is just about as much to blame if not more than islam so far. Both are wrong in trying to sell it like ol gill.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well they are pretty linked

In an elaborative conversation that may be the case, yet you failed to even address the question of whether the trend will lead to conflict, instead commenting on the Sharia law. Considering only 17.2% of Britain is non-white and only 4.6% of the UK are Muslim (all races) I think the 40% is rather insignificant.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Think you're the one who need to use Google, mate. http://www.muslimaccess.com/articles...e_in_islam.asp Can't really insist you've read the "Koran" and expect people to believe you when you can't "be bothered" to find the link . Anyway, I think I've addressed your point.
    again, the koran contradicts itself but if this happens it says take the authority of the later verses- the violent verses.

i'd suggest to read irshad manji's " the trouble with islam today"
    an excellent non-biased and historically accurate and well written book.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    In an elaborative conversation that may be the case, yet you failed to even address the question of whether the trend will lead to conflict, instead commenting on the Sharia law. Considering only 17.2% of Britain is non-white and only 4.6% of the UK are Muslim (all races) I think the 40% is rather insignificant.
    Okay. And what about when muslims become the majority? They have a higher birth rate than any other religion in the uk and add to that the mass immigration of muslims every year. Then what?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 16, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.