Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think about #TurnToIslam trending worldwide on Twitter?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you people on this forum really really really are obsessed with islam, either convert or shutup. twitter is a place were people get to voice there own opinions if you dont like it unfollow them
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuze-mo25)
    you people on this forum really really really are obsessed with islam, either convert or shutup. twitter is a place were people get to voice there own opinions if you dont like it unfollow them
    get a hobby.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dongonaeatu)
    Okay. And what about when muslims become the majority? They have a higher birth rate than any other religion in the uk and add to that the mass immigration of muslims every year. Then what?
    I don't know lol! I am tired and about to go to bed!! Jheeze, I highly doubt Islam will ever become the majority, I actually believe the religion will slowly decrease in the UK. Simply due to the fact that many of them are taking on Western cultures, inter-race and faith marriages which in turn almost dilutes the religion itself? They are no longer shielded in their own faith, going to state school and mixing with other faiths and religions, which consequently will make them find their own views and experience what life without Islam may be like. Slowly we are seeing Islam becoming more lenient, less girls wearing head scarves, boys being freer. Yes their birth-rate is high due to their disagreement with contraception, however many Catholics feel the same way, in that contraception is the prevention of God's will. I understand your points but I think they are a little extreme.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    That you've taken the quote of context in an effort to promote your point of view. Whilst it says there is no compulsion, that verse encourages people to put social pressure on others in order that they become Muslim by writing non-believers off as idiots.

You get a very different impression from reading the whole verse than you do from reading what you paraphrased.
    Believe it or not I knew at least one person would say exactly what you are saying that I should of included the next part of the quote. I didn't because the Qur'an is there unchanged since it was revealed available for anyone to read. The fact is the Qur'an does say “Let there be no compulsion in religion" which is the point I was trying to make.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackburn_Allen)
    Yet it also says: "Therefore, when ye meet the unbelievers, smite at their necks and when ye have caused a bloodbath among them, bind a bond firmly on them" (Surah 47, verse 4)

Religion is poison. Whether it be Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism or whatever religion you can put in front of me, it is poison. It poisons everything around it. It has brought us nothing good, only bad. If anything #TurnFromReligion should be trending.
    It is clear from your post that there is no point in arguing with you so I'm not even going to bother.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student296)
    I didn't because the Qur'an is there unchanged since it was revealed available for anyone to read. The fact is the Qur'an does say “Let there be no compulsion in religion" which is the point I was trying to make.
    Of course, anyone can read the Qur'an if they want but that's not a justification for taking the Qur'an out of context. There's no excuse for deceit.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    #TurnToIslamAndLMAO
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not I knew at least one person would say exactly what you are saying that I should of included the next part of the quote. I didn't because the Qur'an is there unchanged since it was revealed available for anyone to read. The fact is the Qur'an does say “Let there be no compulsion in religion" which is the point I was trying to make.

It is clear from your post that there is no point in arguing with you so I'm not even going to bother.
    :lolwut:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaquelleSade)
    I was asking for opinions not a bloody lecture, at no point did I state that I did not like the trend, however instead I stated that with all the prejudism in Britain today because of extremist muslims this trend could encourage hate.
    "Extremist Muslims", is that who you're going to blame for the "hate" lol? What about the bigots, the Islamaphobes and so on? And are you THAT blind to forget;

Well, this is pointless. Let me know when you come out of that rock.

(Original post by JaquelleSade)
    If you cannot understand what is written then do not reply! And as for you claiming that 'we' cannot understand how it feels to understand what the 'truth' is, well that is wrong. Atheisms believe that their is no God through their eyes, their faith is strong, just as Christians believe that Jesus is the son of God. For them these are also facts, as a Christian I know how this feels. Please do not be so arrogant, respect for all religions is what is needed, no need to be so uptight!
    You don't understand, sure they have strong belief, but it's not like how Muslims see it. As I said it's hard to express in words. And fyi, I don't think there's many Atheists that say "God doesn't exist", instead of "I believe God doesn't exist". There's a word for those Atheists, can't remember what it was, maybe someone can remind me. As for Christians, I rather not get started on that one.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    "Extremist Muslims", is that who you're going to blame for the "hate" lol? What about the bigots, the Islamaphobes and so on? And are you THAT blind to forget;

Well, this is pointless. Let me know when you come out of that rock.
    Don't pretend to be an idiot chap, you know as well as anyone else that the extremists cause a bit of the hatred. Yes the bigots and their ilk fan the flames, but you've members of every faith, regardless of whether you consider them to be true followers, that bring it upon the religion.

For instance, would the EDL's opinion be as prevalent if it weren't for those who were protesting the soldiers returning from duty?

You don't understand, sure they have strong belief, but it's not like how Muslims see it. As I said it's hard to express in words. And fyi, I don't think there's many Atheists that say "God doesn't exist", instead of "I believe God doesn't exist". There's a word for those Atheists, can't remember what it was, maybe someone can remind me. As for Christians, I rather not get started on that one.
    I think you're referring to weak atheists/agnostic atheists who don't outright deny the existence of God(s), just that they don't believe such a being exists due to, for instance, a lack of evidence for their existence? :dontknow:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    people take twitter seriously?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's an Islam trend every other day, I don't think much of it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    At least it's a bit more interesting than the usual Twitter garbage of 'had a bowl of cornflakes for breakfast #kellogs'.
    This. And better than the pathetic One direction or Justin bieber trends that go around. God and to think these kids are the future
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Qur'an says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion". (2:256)
    Oh, that's good then. At least i'm being given the choice between believing in something I don't want to or eternal hell :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Better love story than Twilight.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    no find it yourself
    read a book on it
    read the koran
    i am sick and tired of people asking for verses, look for it yourself. It is one google search away from you.
    Just lol..one google search away. Has it never occured to you that the websites that you have been reading might be biased towards denouncing Islam. I highly doubt that when you searched for these 'verses' on google you searched with a neutral perspective.

I'm tired of idiots like you that read a few websites here and there and decide that a religion over 1 billion people follow is 'out there to get you'. If you were here 20 years ago I bet you wouldn't have a problem with Islam. You've just succumed to the mindless crap the media have been throwing at you for over a decade now. Not to say I blame you entirely, many people feel the same way as you but my issue is that you're only willing to read and gain 'knowledge' from one perspective. Then you have the audacity to claim that anyone who has an opinion different than yours is telling a lie.

Don't act so unbelievably ignorant and stupid.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You are obviously a middle class left wing who has never seen the effects of islam or even read the koran. To say it is peaceful is simply a lie. Obviously i will get negged, but if you have studied islam and the koran and read books around the subject there is no possible way of concluding it is a religion of peace. It is people like you, that support multiculturalism, that is the reason why britain has gone down the drain. Will islam still be a religion of peace when you are forced to marry your rapist, or when you get acid thrown in your face? What about the honour killings, or sharia law? ever heard of that? How can anyone in their right mind say sharia law is peaceful. It simple isn't. Sigh. Come at me negs.
    Not to mention the sheer hypocrisy.

The name Mohammed, for example. Supposedly it's a sacred name that is only worthy of the great prophet - in keeping with the idea that Mohammed is far too sacred to be represented in any way (the consequences of which also largely prove that Islam is not a peaceful religion in the slightest).

...but the most popular male Muslim name is what?!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    get a hobby.
    Considering the amount of rubbish you've posted on here i find it highly amusing that you're telling other people to get hobbies. :mmm: :lol:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just searched the term and am reading some of the tweets.

"Do you believe in treating everybody with love and respect? You need to #TurnToIslam."

As if I can't do that without religion to tell me...

"#TurnToIslam to realise what inner peace really means."

I have inner peace. I don't feel I have somebody else I need to submit to and am happy with myself.

"@TurnToIslam turn to halal"

Lulwut?

Even if it is trending, it's hardly convincing, it's more insulting that most of these pseudo-spiritual claims can be achieved by anybody who has a decent set of morals
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think I couldn't care less about what is trending on twitter.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 16, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.