The Student Room Group

Help!!AQA gcse english literature exam unit 1!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dandaman9999
Always refer to the extract, rarely in any other part of the novel. By "novel as a whole" it means how can you see from this extract the ways in which Steinback describes Candy or whatever the question is.,etc...

For your second question, the first part of the OMAM question is on a character/theme and the second part is about context.

Thank you.. Good Luck guys if your doing the exams.. :smile: (yn)
Reply 21
how many pages are we suggested to write for each question in order to get a high grade?
Original post by cloud19
how many pages are we suggested to write for each question in order to get a high grade?

Obviously quality over quantity but how much can you write in 45 mins for a question? It's more about the number of different points you look at, not just about the pages :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Dandaman9999
Obviously quality over quantity but how much can you write in 45 mins for a question? It's more about the number of different points you look at, not just about the pages :smile:

So if i write about 3 or 4 points, is that enough?
Original post by cloud19
So if i write about 3 or 4 points, is that enough?

If they are really well developed points then I'd go for around 4 or 5, yeah
do brainstorms and stuff on themes etc. I did poems, so I did little flashcards with main points of each poem on it, so you could try that for short stories? Help me to remember a lot of stuff, especially helps if you remember a couple of qoutes so you don't waste time looking in the book. Make sure you understand everything as well so you remember it better, that's all I did and ended up with an A* :smile:
Does anyone think curley would come up, by anychance ?
Original post by goldstander212
Does anyone think curley would come up, by anychance ?

Not particularly... What context question could come up with him?
I agree with you, there isnt really much context questions with him.
My bet is curleys wife SNM :P
Reply 29
Maybe characters wont come up this time? It might be something like an extract about the significance of Animals etc? You never know with AQA!!!!
i hate to scare most of yous but for an A* you can only drop around 6 marks in the whole paper ... and its the same for UNIT 2 ( i have this on thusday.. 'lord of the flies' and' blood brothers' ) im doing unit 1 next year but i did OMAM for a controlled assessment :-)

if i were doing this exam i would pray that crooks came up :rolleyes:
Reply 31
um who said you can only drop 6 marks?
Original post by Lizy
um who said you can only drop 6 marks?

its out of 60 isnt it so 90% = 54 .. i may be mistaken though because i do WJEC but i think AQA boundries are the same + the questions are out of 30 and in mocks (for 1 answer) 27/30 =A* but 26/30 =A

i may be wrong but this what my teacher says :rolleyes:
Reply 33
I don't think the grade boundaries are that high for an a*...maybe for WJEC but not for AQA?
I would say about 52....is an a*
But yeah:P i'm not entirely certain :smile:
Reply 34
i have this exam on thursday and i have absolutely no idea what i am doing!!
any one got any pointers? lol :smile:
Original post by cboylan10
i have this exam on thursday and i have absolutely no idea what i am doing!!
any one got any pointers? lol :smile:

what exam board ?
Reply 36
CCEA :smile: mine on blood brothers btw
(edited 11 years ago)
CCEA :smile:

damn that doesnt help :L what topics are they ? poetry and of mice and men ?
Reply 38
Original post by techno836
damn that doesnt help :L what topics are they ? poetry and of mice and men ?

it poetry and blood brothers :L
it poetry and blood brothers :L

well poetry is unseen and im not doin that until next year but im doing blood brothers now for WJEC literature Unit 2

is the exam format the same ?? an extract and then a theme/character question ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending